BRT LVT question

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
BRT SSR 11 talks about a LVT not being automatically recalled due to it having no passengers. It also says a LVT (without passengers) in non-ocean hexes being recalled if they fail a crew NTC, which is taken at the start of the MPh.

So...if that LVT on a beach hex prep fires, does it still take the NTC (since something that preps does not have a Mph), or does it take the NTC and (if recalled) the recall occurs in the next friendly player turn, or is it recalled and attempt to leave the map that turn despite having prep fired?

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BRT SSR 11 talks about a LVT not being automatically recalled due to it having no passengers. It also says a LVT (without passengers) in non-ocean hexes being recalled if they fail a crew NTC, which is taken at the start of the MPh.

So...if that LVT on a beach hex prep fires, does it still take the NTC (since something that preps does not have a Mph), or does it take the NTC and (if recalled) the recall occurs in the next friendly player turn, or is it recalled and attempt to leave the map that turn despite having prep fired?
My long-time CG opponent and I have always played that even if the LVT fires in the PFPh...it still takes the NTC during the ensuring MPh...and if they fail they are recalled and must begin map exit during your next MPH.

We could be wrong...but that's how we've always played it... :)

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
My long-time CG opponent and I have always played that even if the LVT fires in the PFPh...it still takes the NTC during the ensuring MPh...and if they fail they are recalled and must begin map exit during your next MPH.

We could be wrong...but that's how we've always played it... :)
That's what we've been doing, prep fire with the potential for running away to fight another day. So far only a couple have made it off the map to return in the second scenario.