BRT Bombproofs

Jeff Leslie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
T6.5 states that bombproofs do not have a CA. B30.2 states that fire from inside a pillbox into it's own hex is limited to vertices of its CA or to PBF vs units crossing the CA hexsides of its own hex. (not talking about CC here...)

Question #1 - Does a bombproof then have NO covered arc at all, or does it have a 360 degree covered arc?

Question #2 - If it has no CA at all, then I would have to assume that anybody IN a bombproof cannot fire at a target in the same hex but outside the bombproof. Is that correct?

Jeff Leslie

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff Leslie said:
Question #1 - Does a bombproof then have NO covered arc at all, or does it have a 360 degree covered arc?

Question #2 - If it has no CA at all, then I would have to assume that anybody IN a bombproof cannot fire at a target in the same hex but outside the bombproof. Is that correct?
Bombproofs may fire in any direction, but at halved FP [exc: non-captured Japanese MGs]. Otherwise, treat them as PB's for LOS purposes; so no LOS to units in the same hex, with the exceptions you gave.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jeff Leslie said:
T6.5 states that bombproofs do not have a CA. B30.2 states that fire from inside a pillbox into it's own hex is limited to vertices of its CA or to PBF vs units crossing the CA hexsides of its own hex. (not talking about CC here...)

No CA (T6.5).

Correct, save for CC, Thrown DC and Smoke Grenade placement (B30.2).

Wayne

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Bombproof D1F

Since T6.5 gives no CA to the Bombproof, may one assume that
units IN the Bombproof may NOT D1F at units "currently crossing
the CA hexsides of its own hex" per B30.2?

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bp Ca

I think you all have it right except that no ca really means 360 degree ca for purposes of foring at movement into the hex. Good point for clarification though.

Paul