Broken leader morale level if wounded

Hemaelstrom

Reaction score
Country
llCongo
Hi all. Hopefully this is an easy question to confirm - the rules only mention a morale level together with the leadership modifier when stating the effect of a wound, which sounds like only the front of the SMC counter is referred to. So, is the following statement true?
"A lone broken and wounded leader attempting self-rally in open ground, with a printed broken morale level of 7, must roll 5 or less to succeed (morale level reduced by one for wounded status = 6 and +1 DRM for self-rally attempt)." I'm just after confirmation that the wound reduces the BROKEN morale level, which I guess can be assumed in the absence of any statement to the contrary?
Thanks!

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, a wounded leader has one less morale and one less leadership and that includes his broken side morale. If that same wounded leader with in proper rally terrain, he would Rally on a DR of 6.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hi all. Hopefully this is an easy question to confirm - the rules only mention a morale level together with the leadership modifier when stating the effect of a wound, which sounds like only the front of the SMC counter is referred to. So, is the following statement true?
"A lone broken and wounded leader attempting self-rally in open ground, with a printed broken morale level of 7, must roll 5 or less to succeed (morale level reduced by one for wounded status = 6 and +1 DRM for self-rally attempt)." I'm just after confirmation that the wound reduces the BROKEN morale level, which I guess can be assumed in the absence of any statement to the contrary?
The back (broken) side of a leader also shows his ML. See the picture after 1.2.1. The rule in question, 3.2.1 under K#, says a leader's "morale level and leadership level are reduced by one" without referring to its broken/unbroken state (or if unbroken, its pinned state, or any other state). This means the morale level is reduced by one in all states and situations.

JR

Hemaelstrom

Reaction score
Country
llCongo
Thanks Clubby and JR. I was in two minds about posting such a basic question, but I figured a clarification on this one would help me interpret other rules with greater confidence later and thereby obviate the need for such postings. The leader didn't rally btw :cry:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
As a general guide you can take the rule as written. If the rule doesn't mention exceptions then it probably applies at all times. Occasionally there is a different rule that provides an exception which is not mentioned in the main rule, but I don't think you should be looking for great subtlety internally if the rule seems plain. If you have taken an incorrect understanding of a rule it is much more likely that it is because you have missed something in another place rather than that you have to read all the first letters of each word to see what they spell out or something. The rules are not trying to keep their meanings hidden. Occasionally there are rules that are harder to parse, but especially in ASLSK, not that many.

JR

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Clubby and JR. I was in two minds about posting such a basic question, but I figured a clarification on this one would help me interpret other rules with greater confidence later and thereby obviate the need for such postings. The leader didn't rally btw :cry:
Never be concerned about asking a question. Very much encouraged.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's no such thing as a stupid question, only questions that jrv will make you feel stupid for asking. :D

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are no stupid questions, but there are stupid idiots.

Last edited: