Broken Ground Design's Finnish counter set and Hakkaa Palle's scenarios

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No, I think I understand your point. Perhaps I did not word it correctly. I would recommend creating a version that includes both the squad types for CH Guerra Civil, and the Axis/Allied Minors that MMP, BFP and LFT uses for their SCW to make it more appealing to both camps. If it mirrored CH Nationality set 44 and 45, should be about 4 countersheets for each. But again, I don't know how many people out there like playing SCW scenarios. I have heard there is one in the planning stages by MMP, but I am sure it will include their bland counters.
And then the $64,000 question: what counter colours?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yeah...combined with more money than brains too.
Looky here - got something for you!

Ain't nutin' to do with ASL actually, but it has ASL written on it.
On top of that, it is a collector's item: I can assure you that this item is unique in the world. :love:

It's yours for US$ 100.00. A steal!

Deal? ;)

von Marwitz

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looky here - got something for you!

View attachment 13413

Ain't nutin' to do with ASL actually, but it has ASL written on it.
On top of that, it is a collector's item: I can assure you that this item is unique in the world. :love:

It's yours for US$ 100.00. A steal!

Deal? ;)

von Marwitz
Haha...thanks but I will save that $100 for the next BFP module...and the new ASLSK expansion.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And then the $64,000 question: what counter colours?
Well, that is your artistic license. A light tan should work for Republicans or a lighter shade of brown than the Russians. For Nationalists it could be any shade of blue or grey not used. As they will only fight each other, I don't know it matters if it is a similar colour to other nationalities. If the Nationaists were German Grey, they could even be used to represent the Spanish Azul division on the Eastern Front. Or if you really wanted to drive some of the old guys into a coronary...You could go two-tone! Hahaha!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, that is your artistic license. A light tan should work for Republicans or a lighter shade of brown than the Russians. For Nationalists it could be any shade of blue or grey not used. As they will only fight each other, I don't know it matters if it is a similar colour to other nationalities. If the Nationaists were German Grey, they could even be used to represent the Spanish Azul division on the Eastern Front. Or if you really wanted to drive some of the old guys into a coronary...You could go two-tone! Hahaha!
Giving the Republicans the same "lighter Russian" as I gave the Chinese Communists (Long March compatible):

Giving the Nationalists a "darker German" (with comparisons to German, French, and straight Azure):

Ignore the poses. They are just filler for testing purposes.

What say you?

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Giving the Republicans the same "lighter Russian" as I gave the Chinese Communists (Long March compatible):
View attachment 13414

Giving the Nationalists a "darker German" (with comparisons to German, French, and straight Azure):
View attachment 13417

Ignore the poses. They are just filler for testing purposes.

What say you?
I think that would look great.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Any problem with I sent to you? Need more?
DOH! Forgot about that. Sorry.

In my defence, that was over a year and a half ago, and my memory isn't as young as it used to be. ;)

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Uniforms. I need uniforms.
Alan, pinterest should have all the details you would need.
Question: will your Republican "Russian Brown" units have a Broken ML of 6? If yes, then they will be able to be used with BFP Poland in Flames scenarios. This will be a bonus for me if yes, as it gives me fanatic 4-3-7(8).
Ready to proof some sheets when you are ready--as always.

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Alan, pinterest should have all the details you would need.
Question: will your Republican "Russian Brown" units have a Broken ML of 6? If yes, then they will be able to be used with BFP Poland in Flames scenarios. This will be a bonus for me if yes, as it gives me fanatic 4-3-7(8).
View attachment 13427
Ready to proof some sheets when you are ready--as always.
Likewise, lockdown is giving me time to do this!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
With an eye to being mostly compatible with both LFT & CH offerings (which seem to be the most extensive), here is a preliminary idea for squads.

Nationalists
Military (Regulares, Army, Legion)
Elite: 4-4-8 4-5-7 4-5-8
1st Line: 4-4-7
Green: 4-3-6*

Paramilitary (Requetes, Carlistas, Falange) circled white dot behind Class designation
2nd Line: 3-4-7*
Conscript: 3-3-6*

* = broken ML -1

Republicans
Military (Army, Int'l Brigades)
Elite: 4-4-8 4-5-8
1st Line: 4-4-7 3-4-7 (Northern Army)
Green: 4-3-6* 3-3-6* (Northern Army)
Conscript: 4-2-6*

Milicias, Guerilleros: 3-3-7* 3-3-6*

Anarchists (circled white dot behind Class designation)
2nd Line: 3-3-7*
Conscripts: 3-3-6*

YMMV

EDITED to include Northern Army units with Republicans, as per CH.

Last edited:

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
With an eye to being mostly compatible with both LFT & CH offerings (which seem to be the most extensive), here is a preliminary idea for squads.

Nationalists
Military (Regulares, Army, Legion)
Elite: 4-4-8 4-5-7 4-5-8

Paramilitary (Requetes, Carlistas, Falange) circled white dot behind Class designation
2nd Line: 3-4-7*
Conscript: 3-3-6*

* = broken ML -1

Republicans
Military (Army, Int'l Brigades)
Elite: 4-4-8 4-5-8
Conscript: 4-2-6*

Milicias, Guerilleros: 3-3-7* 3-3-6*

Anarchists (circled white dot behind Class designation)
2nd Line: 3-3-7*
Conscripts: 3-3-6*

YMMV
Alan,

That would cover most of the MMC types. CH also uses a (1)-1-7 MMC that represents the Dinamiteros, who were Asturian minors. They have no combat value, but have a 1 for defence in CC. They are for using Barrenos, a special form of DC, according to CH's Guerra Civil rules.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Alan,

That would cover most of the MMC types. CH also uses a (1)-1-7 MMC that represents the Dinamiteros, who were Asturian minors. They have no combat value, but have a 1 for defence in CC. They are for using Barrenos, a special form of DC, according to CH's Guerra Civil rules.
Yup, I have both GC and CL, so I would include the Dinamiteros, and the Chaplains etc. Apart from Crews, are there other "special" units SSR'ed by other publishers?

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yup, I have both GC and CL, so I would include the Dinamiteros, and the Chaplains etc. Apart from Crews, are there other "special" units SSR'ed by other publishers?
Not that I am aware of. Certainly not any MMP, LFT, or BFP. They all stick to the Axis/Allied minors. You certainly have the CH squads covered.