Broken Ground Design's Finnish counter set and Hakkaa Palle's scenarios

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the countermix in BGD's Finnish counterset sufficient to substitute for the counters provided in Hakkaa Palle in playing the scenarios in Hakkaa Palle?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the countermix in BGD's Finnish counterset sufficient to substitute for the counters provided in Hakkaa Palle in playing the scenarios in Hakkaa Palle?
Thanks.
See for yourself...I am using these now and will for quite some time. i esecially like the camo tanks.

Attachments

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
See for yourself...I am using these now and will for quite some time. i esecially like the camo tanks.
Thank you for posting these!
As I see it, yes on the 1/2" counters, yes on the vehicles, and probably yes on the ordnance (the image on BGD's website is difficult for my old eyes to read!).
Definitely going to order one, maybe two sets, next week, along with some other sheets from BGD.
Have been very happy with all purchases from BGD - all are absolutely wonderful counters. Really glad that these are available.
Thanks again.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just ordered a Finnish set, Berserk sheet, 5/8" ? sheet and Sniper sheet.
So glad these excellent counters are available.
Hey, Footsteps!
Ever think of doing some HASL-specific sets?
Just a thought...

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just ordered a Finnish set, Berserk sheet, 5/8" ? sheet and Sniper sheet.
So glad these excellent counters are available.
Hey, Footsteps!
Ever think of doing some HASL-specific sets?
Just a thought...
I'm always exploring new possibilities.:censored:

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm always exploring new possibilities.:censored:
Great!
Am setting up "Their Fate Sealed?" from Le Franc Tireur's "Kampfgruppe Scherer", a monster scenario, and was thinking, how cool would it be if...

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Winter whites (winter camoflage)? Hmmm....Germans, Finns and Russians in white camo...hmm...

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Great!
Am setting up "Their Fate Sealed?" from Le Franc Tireur's "Kampfgruppe Scherer", a monster scenario, and was thinking, how cool would it be if...
Winter whites (winter camoflage)? Hmmm....Germans, Finns and Russians in white camo...hmm...
Well, I'm not really interested in creating the same counters in different camo patterns. That's more Ray's thing. I prefer finding things that haven't been done before.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, you could still do some decent Spanish Nationalists/Republicans, Arab/Israelis, UN/Communist Chinese or get a head start on some Ethiopian/Eritreans for the next version of Hollow Legions. Maybe some 1950's Indochina French/Viet Mihn?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, you could still do some decent Spanish Nationalists/Republicans, Arab/Israelis, UN/Communist Chinese or get a head start on some Ethiopian/Eritreans for the next version of Hollow Legions. Maybe some 1950's Indochina French/Viet Mihn?
I've thought about SCW and AIW, even SoN, but do I do the CH counters, or ones based on "substituted nationalities" found in scenarios?

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've thought about SCW and AIW, even SoN, but do I do the CH counters, or ones based on "substituted nationalities" found in scenarios?
Well, that is your choice. There have been a fair number of SCW scenarios by other such as BFP. Personally I hate substituting Allied and Axis Minors to do SCW scenarios. Don't like using Dutch and Slovak named leaders fighting in Spain. But I am sure MMP will release more bland plain colours (even in newer, larger font) when they do SoN, and I have both your and LFT Italian counters. I won't use colorless ones when coloured ones are available. Unlike most of the old grognards, I dont think MMP ones are the best...just because they come from MMP.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Also, I guess it depends on how many players play CH scenarios. I play both, but I play for historical enjoyment, not for the competition. I so I was happy that CH did SCW counters for both their scenarios, as well as the substituted nationalities. It give a good fullsome order of battle for both sides.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, that is your choice. There have been a fair number of SCW scenarios by other such as BFP. Personally I hate substituting Allied and Axis Minors to do SCW scenarios. Don't like using Dutch and Slovak named leaders fighting in Spain. But I am sure MMP will release more bland plain colours (even in newer, larger font) when they do SoN, and I have both your and LFT Italian counters. I won't use colorless ones when coloured ones are available. Unlike most of the old grognards, I dont think MMP ones are the best...just because they come from MMP.
Also, I guess it depends on how many players play CH scenarios. I play both, but I play for historical enjoyment, not for the competition. I so I was happy that CH did SCW counters for both their scenarios, as well as the substituted nationalities. It give a good fullsome order of battle for both sides.
I think you're missing the point of what I was saying. As you've stated, there are many different versions of how the SCW forces should be represented. Which version should I emulate in a counter set?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What has yet to be done are the obscure--Greeks, Yugoslavian, Bulgarian and perhaps Slovaks. But, as mentioned, CH! has offered this and even I have limits on counters(!).

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What has yet to be done are the obscure--Greeks, Yugoslavian, Bulgarian and perhaps Slovaks. But, as mentioned, CH! has offered this and even I have limits on counters(!).
I've essentially done 3 of those four. Greeks (vs Italians) are included in Allied Minor, and the Axis Minor are essentially the Bulgarians & Slovaks (& Croats).

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've essentially done 3 of those four. Greeks (vs Italians) are included in Allied Minor, and the Axis Minor are essentially the Bulgarians & Slovaks (& Croats).
Oh yeah...forgot...never mind...

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think you're missing the point of what I was saying. As you've stated, there are many different versions of how the SCW forces should be represented. Which version should I emulate in a counter set?
No, I think I understand your point. Perhaps I did not word it correctly. I would recommend creating a version that includes both the squad types for CH Guerra Civil, and the Axis/Allied Minors that MMP, BFP and LFT uses for their SCW to make it more appealing to both camps. If it mirrored CH Nationality set 44 and 45, should be about 4 countersheets for each. But again, I don't know how many people out there like playing SCW scenarios. I have heard there is one in the planning stages by MMP, but I am sure it will include their bland counters.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hahaha...I have no limits to the number of counters, nor maps, nor scenarios. But I might be an ASL OCD case. Unapologetically so.