Broken Ground Design Thread

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Outstanding!

Is the "faint transparency reveal of covered terrain" as evident in person as it is in the photos above? Less so when viewed at an angle?

Any notion re long-term re-usability? Paper Post-Its, moved enough times, kinda start losing some adhesion.

For the DIY crowd maybe needing other than the standard patterns, any chance of a HowTo offering conveying plastics used and printing methods? Or custom orders?

Thanks for exploring this!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Great idea! But... How many times can be sticked and re-sticked? Will lose the sticking properties over the time? The boards need a previous treatment so the overlays don't get dust and particles? And more questions like these will emerge, eventually...
The printer says that 'regular exterior usage' could last two years. I expect that the amount of times a particular overlay is used would suggest a longer life-span. I can't imagine many, if any, players leave their boards lying around in the open gathering dust. A simple swipe of the board with a tissue or cloth will be more than sufficient.

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Outstanding!

Is the "faint transparency reveal of covered terrain" as evident in person as it is in the photos above? Less so when viewed at an angle?

Any notion re long-term re-usability? Paper Post-Its, moved enough times, kinda start losing some adhesion.

For the DIY crowd maybe needing other than the standard patterns, any chance of a HowTo offering conveying plastics used and printing methods? Or custom orders?

Thanks for exploring this!
For the lighter coloured overlays, that's as opaque as it can get.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't show them on Level 0, show them on hills where they shine!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't show them on Level 0, show them on hills where they shine!
Two things on my To Do list if this product is successful:
  1. New sheet of Hedges and some Buildings (plus any odds/sods that can fit too)
  2. New sheet with clear background (i.e. only the terrain feature) so they can be put on hill/valley hexes without obscuring the underlying level.

criticalhit

Reaction score
ALAN, NOW THAT "ARMIES OF OBLIVION" IS SOLD OUT AT MMP, WILL YOU BE WORKING ON COUNTER SHEETS HIGHLIGHTING THE COUNTERS IN THAT SET? ALSO, I DID ORDER YOUR FINNISH NATIONALITY SET BUT GOT IT BEFORE YOU ADDED THE SWEDISH VOLUNTEERS. MY SET INCLUDES THREE FULL AND ONE HALF SHEET OF COUNTERS. MY QUESTION IS---- FOR ALL OF US THAT MISSED OUT ON THE ADDITIONAL HALF SHEET OF SWEDISH VOLUNTEERS, DO WE NEED TO BUY THE "FINNISH AND FRIENDS" SET OR WILL WE BE ABLE TO ORDER JUST THE SWEDISH COUNTER SHEET ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT WORK YOU DO. ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SEE COUNTERS AKIN TO THE ONES RELEASED BY LFT FROM THEIR LONG OUT OF PRINT OFFERING: OPERATION CHARIOT NAZAIRE OPERATION. I PURCHASED ONE ON EBAY AND IT DIDNT COME WITH THE COUNTER SHEET.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
ALAN, NOW THAT "ARMIES OF OBLIVION" IS SOLD OUT AT MMP, WILL YOU BE WORKING ON COUNTER SHEETS HIGHLIGHTING THE COUNTERS IN THAT SET? ALSO, I DID ORDER YOUR FINNISH NATIONALITY SET BUT GOT IT BEFORE YOU ADDED THE SWEDISH VOLUNTEERS. MY SET INCLUDES THREE FULL AND ONE HALF SHEET OF COUNTERS. MY QUESTION IS---- FOR ALL OF US THAT MISSED OUT ON THE ADDITIONAL HALF SHEET OF SWEDISH VOLUNTEERS, DO WE NEED TO BUY THE "FINNISH AND FRIENDS" SET OR WILL WE BE ABLE TO ORDER JUST THE SWEDISH COUNTER SHEET ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT WORK YOU DO. ALSO WOULD LIKE TO SEE COUNTERS AKIN TO THE ONES RELEASED BY LFT FROM THEIR LONG OUT OF PRINT OFFERING: OPERATION CHARIOT NAZAIRE OPERATION. I PURCHASED ONE ON EBAY AND IT DIDNT COME WITH THE COUNTER SHEET.
[/QUOTE

Why use Caps , that usually means shouting at the person?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What's in the box?

Mega-bubble wrap!

Lotsa crumpled paper!

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I must say that is a really cool idea you had there Alan
I'd think about buying some but honestly I'm too skint right now

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the ADGZ armored car in the Covered pack scenario BG9 Testing Minenknackers in your expanded German counterset?