Broken Ground Design Thread

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
I'm curious. Why don't you want reminders of DR effects?
I've played enough that I know these DRM by heart (I'm guessing the majority of players do.) The only time I might need them would be for the rare exceptions where the CE DRM isn't +2/varies by facing.

Also, look at my picture - isn't that the face of a guy who knows he's only got foxhole equivalent protection?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Excellent!
Then all you have to do is do the SCW counters next!!!
Well, I've already dabbled with my own, but until/unless something official comes out, they're pretty low priority right now.

22037 22038 22039 22040

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, I've hit a new "low". I've been told that I offer worse customer service than 'that other company'. All because I don't sell (i.e. take money for) stuff that I don't have in stock. Despite my best hopes and dreams, I can't force my suppliers to send me stuff they haven't made.

Oh, the ignomy of first-world problems! (my own; and my "customer's") How shall I ever regain my dignity and respect?

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, I've hit a new "low". I've been told that I offer worse customer service than 'that other company'. All because I don't sell (i.e. take money for) stuff that I don't have in stock. Despite my best hopes and dreams, I can't force my suppliers to send me stuff they haven't made.

Oh, the ignomy of first-world problems! (my own; and my "customer's") How shall I ever regain my dignity and respect?

View attachment 22041
With awesome new KWASL counters!

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have you put any thought into having turrets with the armor factors and the CMG firepower? It would be a nice level of chrome.

That was done by hmmmmm someone. I had sets of them ended up selling them. Personally I found it to be too much clutter. Also it means having quite a few different turrets for all the configurations.

Seth

etool

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was done by hmmmmm someone. I had sets of them ended up selling them. Personally I found it to be too much clutter. Also it means having quite a few different turrets for all the configurations.

Seth
Yes there have been turret counters from a couple of different companies. I agree that one company’s effort produced counters that were too cluttered. There is no reason to have movement points, ground pressure or bow mg factors on a turret. Broken Ground counters however tend to be well designed products that greatly aid play. I’d like to see how they would turn out.

i also agree that it would be quite a few turrets for all the different vehicles but by the time you get the core modules and the historical module, what is few more counters?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
HAs there ever been the creation of a Chapter H page for the counters that don't have an entry already? I'm looking a the Panzer I and II Variants specifically.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Not really. A revealed AL isn't on the tank unless it's CE, regardless of turret facing. So a BU AFV with a revealed AL and a turret facing forward would still be unadorned.
An AL counter in now way indicates BU or CE status.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
HAs there ever been the creation of a Chapter H page for the counters that don't have an entry already? I'm looking a the Panzer I and II Variants specifically.
I have done them. I posted them here for comment but have no never got around to properly proofing them for Alan. Mea cuppa.

Search for BG counters in the designers corner.

Reactions: PTY

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Have you put any thought into having turrets with the armor factors and the CMG firepower? It would be a nice level of chrome.
Scroll back a page or two in the discussion. A few people (myself included) indicated they didn't want that. I have no idea where the bulk of potential customers would fall on this scale. Whatever he does there will be some people who won't find the counters perfect since everyone has a different idea of what constitutes 'cluttered'.