Broken Ground Design Thread

PTY

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BOTH! Owner and Opponent.
Need them for some of my other projects.
Perhaps also a counter for sword wielding irregulars in the Rif War??? Great interview with the Two half squads. I think the hobby is based upon people with history ADD.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have no idea what MP to give this. Can't find speed stats anywhere.

19782 19783

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no idea what MP to give this. Can't find speed stats anywhere.
I speak Russian so did a quick Russian google search; while there is a surprising amount of info about these beasts online, I also couldn't find any info about speed. Surely in single digits though?

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Based on the information and images in the linked article regarding ground clearance, shock absorbing equipment, horsepower, vehicle weight and wheel construction, are you sure about granting armored car mobility in ASL terms? I suspect you'd be on more solid footing keeping it as truck mobility.
I second this suggestion.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Based on the information and images in the linked article regarding ground clearance, shock absorbing equipment, horsepower, vehicle weight and wheel construction, are you sure about granting armored car mobility in ASL terms? I suspect you'd be on more solid footing keeping it as truck mobility.
I second this suggestion.
Noted. Thanks for your input. I've had one suggestion of 11 MP (red). Other ideas??

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've had one suggestion of 11 MP (red). Other ideas??
Have you compared it to other vehicles with similar HP and weight? Seems like that would be the best guestimate.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Have you compared it to other vehicles with similar HP and weight? Seems like that would be the best guestimate.
The late-WW1 models weighed 1.4 tonnes, with engines from 16-24 hp. That's 11.5-17 hp/t.

The Peugeot 1918 weighed 5 t, with 40 hp engine. That's 8 hp/t. Red 16 MP (AC).

76mm

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting. Then is there any reason to think that the Filatov should have fewer than 16 MP? Maybe something like 18 RED MP? But yeah, seems like it should be in the truck rather than AC class.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Red 9 or 10 would work. Too much weight on top for the small engine to carry.
I based the suggestion of 11 MP to allow you to start and cover 2 open ground sexes as a truck with maybe a change of .CA on the way. It might not be accurate but would make he vehicle playable.