Broken Ground Design Thread

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They look great Alan, are you going to do Brandengburgers too, Olli showed me the stats for them in the playtest and boy are they powerful (a little too much if you ask me though)

Personally, I'm hoping that you might consider doing dedicated North Koreans. That would be great (course, then I have to find the money to buy them of course ?)

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This just happened.

Before anyone gets excited, I've been forewarned by the printer that there are "quality control" issues with the die-cutting. I've been told to go through the sets, separating the salable from the trash. I will not be charged for the trash.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This just happened.

Before anyone gets excited, I've been forewarned by the printer that there are "quality control" issues with the die-cutting. I've been told to go through the sets, separating the salable from the trash. I will not be charged for the trash.

View attachment 14723
Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear that as your product is a very high quality. May I ask if these are new sets or restock of your current ones?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear that as your product is a very high quality. May I ask if these are new sets or restock of your current ones?
Restocking Free French, Hungarian, Romanian, Polish, Partisans.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
What exactly is so bad with them? Are they not usable at all?
the people that do the cutting has said there could be problems like cut on wrong side or out of alignment rendering them useless but Alan has checked the lot and all are ok and good to sell, and bad sheets he would not have to pay for .

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
the people that do the cutting has said there could be problems like cut on wrong side or out of alignment rendering them useless but Alan has checked the lot and all are ok and good to sell, and bad sheets he would not have to pay for .
You have it reversed, Oliver. Zero percent are good enough to sell. Zip. Zilch.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
More like "slide off the edge of the counter". Considering these were all two-tone counters, the visual effect is jarring.
Bizarre that a company in the business of printing this stuff for you would THEMSELVES not quality control their stuff before sending to you, immediately see there is a major issue, and come back to you confirming that there'll be a delay whilst they reprint.

Sounds like they've tried it on a bit...