Broken Ground Design Thread

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Alan, how much stock do you have left? Are any nationality sold out yet?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Alan, how much stock do you have left? Are any nationality sold out yet?
Currently Russians are only available as Scratch & Dent. A few others are getting low. My die-cutter is not an essential service (though my printer is), so it may be a month or more before I can restock.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Just placed an order for the US Army and the British. Thanks!

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Trying something new.

La Legión
View attachment 13452

Regulares de Marruecos
View attachment 13453
Just one thing: This tone of green for legionarios is only when wearing the tunic. If using only the shirt, the tone is a very pale green, of which the legionarios showed (and show) particular pride; and usually with sleeves rolled up. Only to add a little chrome... :)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
What is the status of the morale of these units? They may be underlined?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What is the status of the morale of these units? They may be underlined?
They are Replaced by 2 HS, but they don't have a default 5 ELR. That's how I'm reading CH's explanation. And for non-CH scenarios that don't utilize that feature, just ignore.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just one thing: This tone of green for legionarios is only when wearing the tunic. If using only the shirt, the tone is a very pale green, of which the legionarios showed (and show) particular pride; and usually with sleeves rolled up. Only to add a little chrome... :)
I was wondering about that, but thought I'd play it safe. I'll work on de-tunic-ing them over the next couple of days.

In the meantime, here's the Nationalist Army...

13461 13462 13463

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’ve never been to Spain, but I bet you don’t want heavy clothing or long sleeves most of the year...

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Looks like white shoes in combat were a thing.

Should I also "defrock" the Army guys?
I don't think so. The shirt was a distinctive mark of la Legión, always so avid of accumulate distinctive tracts to foment their esprit de corps. The regular army was more strict about uniformity and so the tunic was mandatory, unless a) weren't enough uniforms to equip all the personnel or, b) the heat was so appalling as to result an inconvenient clothing. Of course, the more "regular" was the army, more uniformed was. I am speaking of the nacionales, of course. The Republican or Loyal army was more eclectic about uniforms, until was put in order about 1937, if I'm not wrong. But even so was equipped with all that could be found, giving a bit of an impression of patchwork.
Speaking about this, what, no steel helmets?
And we come to the problem aforementioned. There were steel helmets of all types, and all were used: French Adrian, Czech helmets... But the star and most used was the Trubia m26 helmet, and it's the iconic steel helmet of the SCW. In both armies. You may see it here:
https://www.lne.es/asturias/2010/11/04/trubia-puso-primeros-cascos/989612.html
But, again, there weren't enough to equip all soldiers. It's only a estimation made after seeing hundreds (thousands?) of photos, but I'd say that only 1 in every 4 was equipped with a helmet.

Last edited: