Broken Ground Design Thread

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
Hey Semenza - I have the Red Chinese set. ASL treats them as partisans and the countermix represents that. There are twenty 337 squads (& their half-squads) and eight each of 527s (& half squads) and, for some unknown reason, 447s (I'd have rather had more 337/527 squads than these mystery 447s but that's just me.) You also get the usual BGD fanatic variants of these squad types. Maybe there are scenarios out there somewhere that give Mao's boys 447 squads?

There are also leader counters (including commissars from 8+1 to 10-0) with their wounded and heroic versions. Finally there are Chinese support weapons in partisan colors (per section G18.4 which indicates Red Chinese use Chinese support weapon counters.) Oh and there's twenty concealment/CX counters, some infantry crews and target acquisition counters.

One extremely nitpicky thing - the BPV printed on the rear of the 337s is "6" (like for a standard European 337) not "7" as indicated on my chapter G scenario divider for Red Chinese 337s. A full BPV point seems like a high price to pay just to not cower and have access to slightly better LMGs, but there it is.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Semenza - I have the Red Chinese set. ASL treats them as partisans and the countermix represents that. There are twenty 337 squads (& their half-squads) and eight each of 527s (& half squads) and, for some unknown reason, 447s (I'd have rather had more 337/527 squads than these mystery 447s but that's just me.) You also get the usual BGD fanatic variants of these squad types. Maybe there are scenarios out there somewhere that give Mao's boys 447 squads?

There are also leader counters (including commissars from 8+1 to 10-0) with their wounded and heroic versions. Finally there are Chinese support weapons in partisan colors (per section G18.4 which indicates Red Chinese use Chinese support weapon counters.) Oh and there's twenty concealment/CX counters, some infantry crews and target acquisition counters.

One extremely nitpicky thing - the BPV printed on the rear of the 337s is "6" (like for a standard European 337) not "7" as indicated on my chapter G scenario divider for Red Chinese 337s. A full BPV point seems like a high price to pay just to not cower and have access to slightly better LMGs, but there it is.
What is the proper broken ML for those guys? 6 or 7?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

re: 447s. I thought they were part of HOB's Long March pack, but I just checked and I was wrong. Crud.

As for the BPV on the 337s.... Crud x2.

My apologies.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Had an alternate use for them in mind.

OK, here's another one on the counter sheets .......................................... what color is the middle layer of the counters ? Grayish or white? Is it the same for all BGD counters?

Putting together an order.

Seth

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Had an alternate use for them in mind.

OK, here's another one on the counter sheets .......................................... what color is the middle layer of the counters ? Grayish or white? Is it the same for all BGD counters?

Putting together an order.

Seth
Grey. ;)

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And one more. Filipino Guerrillas ............................... described as a basic Partisan set. Squad types? Weapons? Leaders?

Seth

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How many trench counters are on each 5/8" Concealment sheet?
Thanks.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And one more. Filipino Guerrillas ............................... described as a basic Partisan set. Squad types? Weapons? Leaders?

Seth
Updated photos for PTO stuff will come this weekend.

How many trench counters are on each 5/8" Concealment sheet?
Thanks.
Trench x8
Foxhole1 x8
Foxhole2 x8
Foxhole3 x8
Cavalry x24
Cycle x24
Sidecar x24
Wagon x8
Wire x16
Bridge Out x4
Ford x4
Roadblock x4
Bldg Blaze x4
HD x16
Panjis x24
Crest x8
Shellhole x8

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I purchased a sheet of sniper counters. Aside from the sniper counters, the sheet also contained rubble counters, sangar counters, and 5/8" blaze counters.

Why the 5/8" blaze counters? I can't deduce the perceived need that they fill.

Why are there three types of 5/8" blaze counters? Type A has only the word "blaze" on it. Type B has the "blaze" and a hexagon and the characters "X" and "8" in various places. Type C has numbers arranged around the hexagon that are probably related to spreading blazes in a breeze.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I purchased a sheet of sniper counters. Aside from the sniper counters, the sheet also contained rubble counters, sangar counters, and 5/8" blaze counters.

Why the 5/8" blaze counters? I can't deduce the perceived need that they fill.
More room on the back for info on spreading. You know... aging eyes. Once a hex has nowhere else to spread, use a 1/2" counter.

Why are there three types of 5/8" blaze counters? Type A has only the word "blaze" on it. Type B has the "blaze" and a hexagon and the characters "X" and "8" in various places. Type C has numbers arranged around the hexagon that are probably related to spreading blazes in a breeze.
A = no wind
B = heavy wind (the "8"s are meant to be infinity symbols i.e. automatic spread; X = no spread)
C = mild wind (DRMs for various types of spreading)

I needed some filler, and thought to try something a bit different.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Alan,

I picked up your sniper sheet at ASLOK and finally getting around to putting them away. from left to right, just confirming these are the nationalities: Axis Minor, Romanian, Brit, Free French, German, Hungarian, Allied Minor, Polish, Russian, Chinese, SS, US, Japanese, Finn, Italy, French, ???, Marine?, and Partisan?
Thanks!