Broken Ground Design Thread

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Package came Friday as I was walking out the door for a weekend away.
Now that I'm home I guess I'll have to cheek everything

danioel

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Looked through this whole thread.....realised I would never spend a cent on any of these counters.......just does not meet any need I am aware of.
As I said in another thread:
The idea of making distinct Partisan counters by front (Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Balkans) suits me well. It make easier to distinguish, allows combinations and solves (sort of) the possibility of actions partisans vs partisans.
Best regards,

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I received my Italian and French counters to replace my official AH counters which unfortunately were not that inspiring. Now that my men are clad in Broken Ground Zenga and Givenchy suits they're ready to rock and roll, even retreat lest they soil them.

My only concern is that the counter sheets colors do not lay as flat (perhaps due to the various glossy colors) as those in other games which might make on wonder if there might be a future problem with delamination. I know nothing about printing counters so please feel free to ignore this totally subjective remark.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Looked through this whole thread.....realised I would never spend a cent on any of these counters.......just does not meet any need I am aware of.
I love Alan and agree almost completely.

I ordered the sniper sheet with the numbers because that's handy, IMO. The rest is chrome...at best.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I'm still awaiting your scathing review. I've got my asbestos boxers on in anticipation!

:waiting::love:
Post a pic of you in your asbestos (or any, honestly) boxers and you’ll get a scathing review, I promise.

As for the counters, it’s still a “not for me.”

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Would be interested in North Korean MMC counters, to fill the MMP gap.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Played my first game from the Hatten module using Alan’s counters the other night and they did look very good on the winter map.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would be interested in North Korean MMC counters, to fill the MMP gap.

Yes, This ^

Actually an entire North Korean OOB. I just can't get Russians out of my head when playing NK scenarios. And some of the weapons could use ammo depletion changes. For me it would have a better play feel if the North Koreans were a different color. I would order / preorder this immediately.

Seth

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no need myself, but this is excellent for those seeking OOP counters. I'm considering doing what @Ray Woloszyn has done. My Italians and French are getting long in the tooth. I want to look at the actual counters at ASLOK if possible.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I love Alan and agree almost completely.

I ordered the sniper sheet with the numbers because that's handy, IMO. The rest is chrome...at best.
Agreed 100%.
But...
and here's the rub...
the chrome of which you speak...
Shines so brightly and beautifully that the entire playing area of the scenarios I have played with Broken Ground's counters, so far, have been suffused with the loveliest glow...
IMHO, of course...

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Agreed 100%.
But...
and here's the rub...
the chrome of which you speak...
Shines so brightly and beautifully that the entire playing area of the scenarios I have played with Broken Ground's counters, so far, have been suffused with the loveliest glow...
IMHO, of course...
:love:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anybody who bought the French OB have pics? Thinking about buying a set since my AH era French are looking pretty worn down.