Broken Ground Design Thread

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
love the infantry counters
are these available for purchase?
would luvluvluv to see RUSSIAN BRICK RED COUNTERS in this style!
These counters rock!

You are doing beautiful work!

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Hungarian counters are, IMHO, especially terrific and desirable to see on my Festung Budapest maps!
Are these available for purchase?

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One week later... no news of the imminent release of these awesome counters?
Bought a game "Victory Roads" by Hexasim - the counters are terrific, and to me, appear to be of great quality physically. I wonder what that producer could do with the great images you have put up here?
In any event, good luck to you in getting these counters to us!
And, good luck to us in getting them soon!!!

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
One week later... no news of the imminent release of these awesome counters?
Bought a game "Victory Roads" by Hexasim - the counters are terrific, and to me, appear to be of great quality physically. I wonder what that producer could do with the great images you have put up here?
In any event, good luck to you in getting these counters to us!
And, good luck to us in getting them soon!!!
First, Pre-orders:
http://www.brokenground.design/2017/06/pre-order-die-cut-counter-sheets.html

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
"Almost" GROFAZ

Grofaz 2.png

61 of 67 sheets, plus 1 Sniper/FFE sheet.

Missing 3 Partisan infantry sheets, and 3 SS AFV sheets. I simply ran out of time getting these ready to display at ASLOK.

These are not playable counter sheets. They are unpunched, and printed (front/back) on regular card stock (i.e. like bristol board) - primarily to give a sense of what the counters will look like in real life, rather than images on a monitor.

I've already discovered that there are cosmetic changes necessary to improve readability. I'm sure others will chime in their views at ASLOK.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll be using my BG counters at ASLOK which are cut and pasted but still look real good in action. I don't have all of them mounted of course, but enough to demonstrate how good they look while in play.

mryder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Soooo... How did the counter samples go over at ASLOK? Did you get enough additional orders to start production? (After the final tweaking that is.) I realize the samples were brought into a room that overflowed with OCDism :)

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Observations were positive. One gamer said "I don't like the borders". I told him this was just the result of pasting the counters on existing counters. Upon hearing that, he was much more receptive. All feedback considered as help--many noted the font sizes could be bigger--and this will be addressed. Overall most were impressed. I hope this gets reflected in a sales boost.
I am still using these counters in all of my future playings.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm half-way through editing the files based on feed-back from ASLOK.

The 19th pre-order for GROFAZ came in today. One more, and the Black SS will be included in all GROFAZ pre-orders at no extra cost. Not quite 2/3 of my goal reached so far.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Feedback please, on malf'd SW/Ordnance for black SS.

The dark grey *doesn't* work when printed, so I need to find a better colour scheme.
sw-lmgi b.png test b sw-lmgi b.png test sw-lmgi b.png test y sw-lmgi b.png

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
(Had a strange snafu with the forum, it looked like I had double posted so I deleted one... and now both copies are gone?)

I agree with Daniel that the lighter blue looks the best (plus, it corresponds to the normal German colors). Still, I'm wondering how much of this detail will remain visible when printed on 1/2" counters - the MG silhouette looks very nice on the screen, but I'm afraid a lot of it will be lost.

(Plus, this is a side of my counters I don't like to see too much...)