British
Italian

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Middle Kingdom (6 sheets) $54

First to fight; first to suffer. And few noticed.

Contains the following nationality sets:
KMT
KMT (blue)
Maoists
(not CPVA)

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A lighter shade of brown or a tan colour I think for the N Korean. You can keep the same colours for the UN and S Korean forces. You could use the same colours as your Chinese Mao guerrillas for the Red Chinese.
So I tried this...

25343 25344 25345 25346

CPVA gets the Maoist colour, ROK gets dark tan, OUNF get UN blue, and KPA gets whatever that turned out to be.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So I tried this...

View attachment 25343View attachment 25344View attachment 25345View attachment 25346

CPVA gets the Maoist colour, ROK gets dark tan, OUNF get UN blue, and KPA gets whatever that turned out to be.
Are you sure you don't want a different colour for the South Koreans? I think some people will think those two tan colours are too close together. I know some folks don't like the two tone colours, but maybe the South Koreans should be the same colours that MMP use? Or at least something significantly different than the North Koreans, considering they will be opposing each other.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the only one I would change from the official colors is the North Koreans. I'd just like it to feel like I am not playing the Russians. How about Russian brown center with Dark Gray border? Or the reverse?

Seth

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think the only one I would change from the official colors is the North Koreans. I'd just like it to feel like I am not playing the Russians. How about Russian brown center with Dark Gray border? Or the reverse?

Seth
Two tone counters are a bugger to produce. Cutting errors look so much clearer with them.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So I tried this...

View attachment 25343View attachment 25344View attachment 25345View attachment 25346

My two cents is to keep the colors similar to MMP's KWASL release. This allows players to use both MMP and BG counters in play. I am cutting and pasting the "first edition" sent to me and they are looking very, very nice. If it works, why tinker?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Are you sure you don't want a different colour for the South Koreans? I think some people will think those two tan colours are too close together. I know some folks don't like the two tone colours, but maybe the South Koreans should be the same colours that MMP use? Or at least something significantly different than the North Koreans, considering they will be opposing each other.
Two tone counters are a bugger to produce. Cutting errors look so much clearer with them.
My two cents is to keep the colors similar to MMP's KWASL release. This allows players to use both MMP and BG counters in play. I am cutting and pasting the "first edition" sent to me and they are looking very, very nice. If it works, why tinker?
If I didn't tinker, I wouldn't have anything to sell! ;)😘

Changing ROK to a darker shade of Allied Minor (trust me, it is darker).

25351 25352 25353 25354

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Excellent point, there is nothing to add.

von Marwitz

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Vive la France (7 sheets) $70

Allons enfant de la patrie!

Includes the following nationality sets:
French
Free French

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, having served on both UN and NATO missions, I have a personal aversion to using NATO Blue for UN Troops!
Hmmm, interesting distinction! never thought of this view. Fair enough.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Semper Fi (6 sheets) $54

Nothing says "fun" like a day at the beach!

Includes the following nationality sets:
Japanese
USMC (Olive Drab)