Broken Ground Design: Pre-order pricing closes Jan. 31st

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Unfortunately, a miscommunication with the die-cutter meant that the second sheet of French 5/8" counters (the rest of the vehicles, ordnance, "?", snipers) did not get printed for the sample run.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All that means is that the new round of "bug hunting" will be limited.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Looking at the counters, here is what I think.

Positive:
The colors and thickness of the coutners seems to be good.
The data that is used during the game is more legible compared to the "traditional" counters, which is nice for those ASLers getting older and having issues with eyesight.
For those who like colored units - well, now you got'em.

Negative:
The AFV depictions seem to be smaller compared to the "traditional" counters. I understand, that the size of the depiction has been increased by footsteps for his counters after some criticism on that point. Yet they are still smaller than on the "traditional" counters. I cannot fathom why. At least in the examples given here, there would have been enough space to make the depictions larger or at least the same size as on the "traditional" counters. For those 'grapically' oriented, this might be a significant drawback.

The Vehicle Types are in an extremely small font - smaller compared to the "traditional" counters. In addition, they are often printed in a location where part of the font is on a colored background and part on some white background for turret designations. If providing better readability was the objective for these counters, this was counterproductive.

The smaller vehicle depictions paired with the colors make them harder to discern, than the "traditional" counters. This is aggravated by the smaller font for the vehicle types. So while the readability of values used during the game has improved, the readability for purposes of picking the counters before and sorting them back after the game has worsened.

I believe that these drawbacks could have been at least partially avoided, as they have been pointed out by several people during the (very positive) feedback-process here in this forum both by forumites and the designer. Might be a bit of a lost opportunity in my eyes as I think a fully positive solution (from my POV) could have been realized.

von Marwitz

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Negative:
The AFV depictions seem to be smaller compared to the "traditional" counters. I understand, that the size of the depiction has been increased by footsteps for his counters after some criticism on that point. Yet they are still smaller than on the "traditional" counters. I cannot fathom why. At least in the examples given here, there would have been enough space to make the depictions larger or at least the same size as on the "traditional" counters. For those 'grapically' oriented, this might be a significant drawback.

von Marwitz
I have listened, and acted.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So how do you order these counters? I went to the page listed in your sig and I get page does not exist. How would I go about ordering new French and Italian counters sets from you?

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So how do you order these counters? I went to the page listed in your sig and I get page does not exist. How would I go about ordering new French and Italian counters sets from you?
Oops, I should've updated that.

Right now I'm processing the Pre-Orders, so I've shut down ordering until I get that sorted.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, no problem, I'm finding that my French and Italians need replacing since MMP will be years away from ever reprinting those modules. Do your counter sets come with vehicle notes?

Thanks

Oops, I should've updated that.

Right now I'm processing the Pre-Orders, so I've shut down ordering until I get that sorted.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
These counters are catching my eye. May have to order some from you. How much would it cost to order all of them?