Broken Ground Design Counters

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is how I've suggested handling FFE Concentration and FFE Harassing using only one colour. Also included would be SR and FFE:C.

What second colour would work for the opponent's FFE in large CGs (i.e. RB)? Blue? Purple? Rainbow?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blue is AH/MMP for harassing; green for NOBA; so, would grey work?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
In an effort to provide useful FFE counters for two opponents (i.e. in CGs), and to avoid the Red/Blue assumptions of standard FFE counters, I present this idea...

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
While you're at it, and going to make counters with more information (and variations) than the original ones, you could also add the (I)IFT FP, and color-code them to nationalities. I'm not a huge fan of multiplying counters, but obviously there are people out there with a different opinion.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
While you're at it, and going to make counters with more information (and variations) than the original ones, you could also add the (I)IFT FP, and color-code them to nationalities. I'm not a huge fan of multiplying counters, but obviously there are people out there with a different opinion.
I'm crazy, but... not that crazy. ;)

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree that that is way more work, and way complicated for inventory purposes.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Very impressed with the images you've posted so far Alan. I'm glad I've ordered the nationalities I don't currently have.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will the Hungarian counterset include Vannay squads and half squads?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I should also state that LFT has some kickass counters.
That being said, tell me if you have EVER seen better looking sniper counters. Yes, these are are from Broken Ground.
View attachment 2433
I really like the idea of incorporating the SAN numbers into the Sniper counters. Most of the time, I am playing VASL (and not enough of it lately...) where this is a feature that I got so used to that it just struck me that the 'real' counters don't have it. Might also be a nice extra for offical MMP Sniper counters to fill some blanks in future products.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Aesthetic note, I like the way you have made the Broken Ground logo relatively unobtrusive so that it doesn't distract from the very nice art work.
I agree. On this point, footsteps has accepted the feedback given by numerous forumites early during the development of his counters. I remember, that back then, the 'BG' logo was criticized to be too striking in color and too large in size. Much better now.

von Marwitz