Broadband vs. Dialup

Broadband or Dial-up?

• You are using cable, DSL, T1, DS3, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You are crawling along on a 56k (or slower) modem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Easy survey here. I would like to know what technology most of our viewers are using. Are you flying along with broadband :cool: , or are you stuck in the early 90's with a phone line dial-up connection? :chair:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've had cable for about 5 years. I had to use dialup recently at my brother's house... :drool: I'm traumatized for life!!

You can never go back!!

:bowdown:

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have probably saved YEARS of time by using broadband vs. waiting for dialup. I'll be one of those guys who crawls out of the desert nearly dead only to find the first means of communication with the outside world is a dial-up modem...and I'd keep crawling to find something faster :laugh:

Chicken_Salad

Reaction score
I still have dial-up for a couple of reasons.

They why u whining about snipers in fps? Even if you do manage to aim and fire its going to take 10 minutes to register. Might as well just let the campers put you out of your misery :rolleyes:

11b10

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I`m still using tin cans with a long string.

Sun Tzu

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll bet ya that you get just about the same speed with the cans and string as you do with a dial up. And I have to agree with Chicken, on a dial up it's possible that you're not be dying ... the game could have ended and your reloading onto the next map.

Igotmilk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by ChickenSalad
I still have dial-up for a couple of reasons.

They why u whining about snipers in fps? Even if you do manage to aim and fire its going to take 10 minutes to register. Might as well just let the campers put you out of your misery :rolleyes:
If I was playing you over a 56K line I would not be working on beating you with my sniper rifle.

Chicken_Salad

Reaction score
If I was playing you over a 56K line I would not be working on beating you with my sniper rifle.

st00pid kid tried stepping to my 1nS4n3 Sk1LLz and got 0wN3d.

Igotmilk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

st00pid kid tried stepping to my 1nS4n3 Sk1LLz and got 0wN3d.
Yeah, I am not a kid or script kiddy ChickenBoy. I would be working on your PC while you were bragging about taking objective A with your sniper.

Marcks

Recruit
Reaction score
I remember when 1,200 baud was tits.
Hehe, DOOM deathmatches on a 9.6 k modem. That sucker cost a fortune back then. Not to mention the phone bill for :(