Brief ASLOK 2018 AAR

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Here is my brief ASLOK 2018 summary/ AAR

Arriving on Saturday, no remarkable Action on that day beside some talking to people i haven´t seen for a (long) time.
Sunday saw my first game of ASLOK 2018 and later that day Dave Ginnard´s famous BBQ... Thanks to him and his wife for the great hospitatlity.
The week started with a cold that struck me hard , even USMC-proven "Cold Medicine" couldn´t help (see below)… Well, at least i was able to play nine scenarios

DTF6 Magnificent Beast of Prey against Kevin Kileen.
My first and only Scenario from the new Death to Fascism pack, wich saw a lot of playings. I had the defending Germans, which in the end, couldn´t hold off
Kevin´s Russians from the village. I´m still wet from the heavy rain we had right from the start.

HF5 Graveyard Shift against Mike Zeiments
My very first game on the brand new Hatten in Flames map. Again i had the defending Germans. The Scenario went down to the last turn, but i was able to hold the graveyard against the Americans who, right from the beginning, had NO (None, Nothing) Smoke/WP in their ammo racks. At least Mike´s favored Baseball Team won.

OST11 Stiffest Resistance against Al Salzman
An pre-arranged game since I owed Al an revenge from 2015, so we decided to play that one. I had the poor Germans in the defence, facing a mix of 19! Russian late war tanks and a horde of infantry. It was obvious that this one wouldn´t be mentioned in the Wehrmachtsbericht. But after the last turn and the body count, i was 15 points in front of Al. Our revenge game is already set for 2020, you choose the scenario, Sarge.

HF8 Fahrenheit 352 against Keith Spurlock.
Second (pre-arranged) game in Hatten. Again the Germans in the defence. Keith´s Amis gave me hell and pressed hard on both flanks, making it a nice Sauerkraut Sandwich. But not that day. I broke his only MMC in the second VC Building in my last Prep. Btw, the Flamm Hetzers did...nothing.

PAD1 Time Is Tight
against Keith Spurlock
We deceided to go with another, pretty small one. I had the Germans in the attack. To make it short, the GIs were no match for the Waffen-SS in that one. Keith surrendered after turn 3.

DB136 The Block On The Trail To Hell against Adam Lunney
Small PTO Action here. I had the defending Japanese in this one and gave Adam´s Marines a hard time. My Warriors of the Emporer succesfully blocked the Trail to Hell.

RPT49 Spring Cleaning against Keith Spurlock
Keith´s third try to score in our everlasting struggle. Me in the defence with the Germans and, oh boy, a Spring Cleaning it was. This time there was no doubt who was the Boss in 1945.

AP91 Parting Shots against Ray Vincent
My only Mini Tournament game for ASLOK 2018. I had the defending Gurkhas in this PTO clash. Ray made everything right and Banzaid me soon. He wanted a quick decision and went into CC with three squads against my two and a half Squad AND one leader AND two heroes. He had bad dice, i had good ones. He lost his squads and conceded soon thereafter. So, round two and probably round three for me, but due to my cold i gave Ray the Victory and wished him good luck.

SP267 Death´s Head Debut against Jack Daniels
My very last game for ASLOK 2018. Never, ever deny if someone offers you the Germans in this one. I had the Russians and surrenderd to Jack and his supperior-build-and-armed German tanks after turn 3 iirc. Revenge in 2020, Jack !

That was my ASLOK 2018. Thanks to all my opponents, it was a pleasure to throw dice with you. And thanks to Bret and Bill for organizing ASLOK, you are awesome.
Will be back in 2020

USMC Cold Medicine... A devil in disguise
larceny__80973.1424919483.jpg