Brett Favre: Choke of the century...

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Incredibly tight playoff game, one bad play at a pretty bad time.* What's your deal? I'd have thought "choke of the century" would apply to someone who came out and couldn't complete a single pass all day.

*Not an incredibly dreadful time, as there was still a chance for the defence to save the game, though the way both defences were playing, especially early on, not a great likelihood.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
In all fairness, Favre is a great player and he had a great game today. The problem was that his offensive line was AWOL and the rest of his team was determined to give the ball back to New Orleans at every opportunity. Nevertheless, that last interception was just terrible and probably cost them the game. That said, it isn't fair to lay the blame for this loss on Brett Favre, but that's exactly what will happen now.

Sadly, a lot of people are going to remember Favre for this one play.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
In all fairness, Favre is a great player and he had a great game today. The problem was that his offensive line was AWOL and the rest of his team was determined to give the ball back to New Orleans at every opportunity. Nevertheless, that last interception was just terrible and probably cost them the game. That said, it isn't fair to lay the blame for this loss on Brett Favre, but that's exactly what will happen now.

Sadly, a lot of people are going to remember Favre for this one play.
Much better summary. :D You can't deny it was an entertaining game; at the end of the day, that's what the fans pay their money for and spend their time on. Of course, I also find blowouts highly entertaining as well...

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, he was hurt, so running probably was the last option he'd have considered. I think he was looking more to get the ball into the center of the field vice having it on the right hash mark. Sadly, too many were looking for a reason to say "I told you so", rather than admit the man played in the stratosphere for almost the entire year. Favre, not Brady, should have been the comeback player of the year...IMHuO...

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Favre, not Brady, should have been the comeback player of the year...IMHuO...
Damn straight. Favre comes back and has a career year.

This is a team loss not just his. He spent most of the game on his back. The fact that he cam back with the ankle injury would only have been a legend-maker if he won, now it is something for "fans" to point at as an excuse.

Honus

Reaction score
I think the stupid 12 men in the huddle penalty is really what cost them the game. That made it a 55 yard field goal attempt--even for Ryan Longwell, hardly a gimme. That one is on a coach, according to Peter King.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the stupid 12 men in the huddle penalty is really what cost them the game. That made it a 55 yard field goal attempt--even for Ryan Longwell, hardly a gimme. That one is on a coach, according to Peter King.
I believe they were trying to get cute and confuse NO over the personnel on the field (trying to get them caught running their counter-personnel on and off the field)...backfired, though...