Breaking Heartstrings

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Update: Operation Breaking Heartstrings:

Well we have concluded the 1st scenarios of a possible 4. The Marines have managed to land on the island and establish a beachhead on Green Beaches 2 & 3 to allow follow up assault waves to land. However, this objective came a high price, the Japanese managed to inflict 124 CVP on the Marines, while the Marines were only able to amass 55 CVP. This count is important, as the Marines objective is to capture the island while clearing it of Japanese, but they must do accomplish this objective and amass more CVP than the Japanese. The Japanese have a total CVP count of 261, so the Marines 1st Wave suffered 48% of this CVP cap.

The Marines have just over 25 squad-equivalents and very good leadership in the beachhead, with another 40 squads landing with the 2nd Assault Wave around Turns 3 and 4.
The Marines must clear across across the island, securing the northern half; then they must turn south and clear the remaining length of Japanese, all the while trying not to sustain too many casualties.

We should kick off Assault Period 2 this upcoming Friday.

Cheers

BHS Small Cover Page 2.png

Parry Island Small Map.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really looking forward to this campaign, very nice map indeed. Enjoying the heck out of your Bloody Buron CG at the moment so I know what your putting out is going to be very good. Also looking forward to your Konigsburg CG and hopefully that one is coming out soon too.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This looks awesome!

And Konigsberg too?

Way cool!!!

Really looking forward to these!

Last edited:

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Summary of the Orders of Battle (OB):

Japanese OB

(Infantry) 18x 4-4-7, 27x 3-4-7, 49x 2-2-8;
(Leaders) 1x 10-1, 3x 9-1, 4x 9-0, 4x 8-0;
(Support Weapons) 14x LMG, 2x MMG, 12x HMG, 14x Lt.Mtr, 2x ATR;
(Guns) 12x Type 98 20mm AA Guns, 5x Type 94 37mm A-T Guns, 2x Type 92 70mm INF Guns, 4x Type 88 75mm AA Guns, 10x Type 97 81mm MTR;
(AFV) 3x HA-GO Tanks; and
(Fortifications) 8x 1+3+5 Pillbox, 1x 2+5+7 Command Bunker, 9x 1+5+7 Pillbox, 50x Trenches, 28x Gun Pits, 36x Wire, 192x A-P Mine Factors;

For a total of 265 Victory Points

Marines OB
(Infantry) 30x 6-6-8 AE, 70x 5-5-8, 16x 2-2-8, 2x 2-2-8 SFCP, 2x AOT;
(Leaders) 1x 10-2, 3x 9-2, 5x 9-1, 8x 8-1, 6x 8-0;
(Support Weapons) 30x MMG, 10x HMG, 16x Lt.Mtr, 10x Baz 44, 10x FT, 30x DC;
(Guns) 2x M3A1 37mm A-T Gun, 4x M1 81mm MTR;
(AFV) 12x LVT(A)1, 32x LVT(A)2, 3x M4A2 Sherman
(NOBA) 2x 127mm (HE Only) each Assault Period
(OBA) 1x 105mm OBA (HE & Smoke) and 1x 75mm OBA (HE & Smoke) each Assault Period
(Boats) 24x LVCP, 3x LCM(3)
(Aircraft) 1st Assault Period (only) 3x 1944 FB w/Bombs each of the 8-10 Turns

For a total of 545 Victory Points

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a bombardment and attendant dust, a la Tarawa? If not, was that historical or eliminated for playability? (Regardless, I hope there isn't bombard/dust).

Looking forward to this.

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like this project will be moving over to the ASL for Fun file on account of it is too small for campaign and too large for scenario. I will most likely print off a 20-25 maps for special purchase. FYI the map is 70" x 30" or 178 cm x 76 cm in size.
How will we know when it's available? Will you post on here, FB, both?

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just so you realize that this map will be a special one of printing and not a mass printing. Therefore the cost will be significantly more, I estimate it to be about $50 + Postage. I will roll it up in a map tube so no creases. The rules and scenario will online and can be down. As will a VASLized map for use with VASL.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi George,

Any possibility of a pre-order for it? I have been following that module closely since you started sharing info on it.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Would it not be possible to buy the map in this format please:

Then we can print it out on whatever paper we like and no postage costs - which for us in Europe are always expensive........

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I do not give the original map files.
Many thanks for your reply. Out of curiosity, and feel free not to answer if you would rather not say, why do you not wish to give out pdf's?

Would it be possible to send a batch of these maps to Second Chance Games instead please? It would be one way of reducing the cost for us UK players. The product looks great..............thank you for adding to the hobby :)

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The price will be C$55 + Postage; those whom wish a special limited print of the Breaking Heartstrings Map, please send me PM (georgekelln@gmail.com) with: BHS - Map in the subject line and your mailing address in the text. I will then send you shipping costs and you final instructions on ordering it. Once again, the map will be uncreased and rolled up in a map tube; this method will incur PARCEL costs not letter mail costs and will range from $20 to Canada, $25 to continental USA, and about $75 to most places in Europe. Print numbers will be estimated at 25.

For More Information go to ASL for Fun

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Would it not be possible to buy the map in this format please:

Then we can print it out on whatever paper we like and no postage costs - which for us in Europe are always expensive........
If you can open the zip gif file then you will find that most printer shops can print it out for you.