Bread Factory # 2 Questions

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the process of crushing the Nazi swine under my Communist jackboot last night in BF #2, some questions came up.

The berserk SSR basically says that the closest unconcealed enemy unit becomes the target of the berserker's charge. Does that only apply to the initial charge? He charged a unit that was on the rooftop of a factory, but couldn't make it. In his next MPh, there was a guy in his LOS, but the rooftop guy wasn't, but was still closer. Does he change his charge target to the dude that's currently in LOS, or would his target stay the rooftop goob?

2nd question: If the berserker enters a location with russian units, can those units rout away if already broken? Could they voluntarily break and rout away if not already broken?

3rd question: Does an LOS exist from an RB factory rooftop to the ground level location in a non rooftop access-point hex? Couldn't find a reference in the rules one way or the other.

Finally: Does smoke in a target hex reduce residual?

On a side note: Man! I didn't realize how effective that silly 45L AT gun would be in an urban environment. That thing accounted for 3 fully dead german squads, and broke probably just as many. Ugly, ugly stuff. I know what I'm buying when I play the CG!

Thanks!

Last edited:

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Question 1. The berserk SSR basically says that the closest unconcealed enemy unit becomes the target of the berserker's charge. Does that only apply to the initial charge? He charged a unit that was on the rooftop of a factory, but couldn't make it. In his next MPh, there was a guy in his LOS, but the rooftop guy wasn't, but was still closer. Does he change his charge target to the dude that's currently in LOS, or would his target stay the rooftop goob?

A berserker charges toward the nearest known enemy in his LOS. The SSR says that the nearest unconealed (and non-HIP) enemy unit is considered in his LOS for charge purposes. So, he would charge toward the guy on the rooftop. But if at any time during the charge (including the next turn) he sees another closer enemy unit, he charges toward that unit instead. BTW, its nearest in hexes... but the charge uses the shortest rout in MPs. So, I _think_ that he'd continue to charge which ever enemy was clostest in hexes, but would change his target if he sees someone closer in the mean time.

2nd question: If the berserker enters a location with russian units, can those units rout away if already broken? Could they voluntarily break and rout away if not already broken?

Yes. And they could voluntarily break and rout out if not broken, as long as they can meet the other requirements of voluntary break.

3rd question: Does an LOS exist from an RB factory rooftop to the ground level location in a non rooftop access-point hex? Couldn't find a reference in the rules one way or the other.

I think so, but I'm not nearly as sure on this one. Its been a looooong time since I was in Stalingrad.

No. Resid is reduced by affects OUTSIDE the target hex. (Again, I think...)

Sam

mgenberg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgii2222 said:
In the process of crushing the Nazi swine under my Communist jackboot last night in BF #2, some questions came up.

The berserk SSR basically says that the closest unconcealed enemy unit becomes the target of the berserker's charge. Does that only apply to the initial charge? He charged a unit that was on the rooftop of a factory, but couldn't make it. In his next MPh, there was a guy in his LOS, but the rooftop guy wasn't, but was still closer. Does he change his charge target to the dude that's currently in LOS, or would his target stay the rooftop goob?

On a side note: Man! I didn't realize how effective that silly 45L AT gun would be in an urban environment. That thing accounted for 3 fully dead german squads, and broke probably just as many. Ugly, ugly stuff. I know what I'm buying when I play the CG!

Thanks!
In reply to your 3rd question, I believe B 23.8 supplies your answer by stating that a rooftop is treated the same as another building floor level and thus the answer would be no.

In reply to your Finally --

A 8.26 "The amount of Residual FP left by any attack is reduced by one IFT column for each positive DRM caused solely by conditions outside the target hex."

A 8.2 indicates that SMOKE applies as a DRM to the IFT of the attack.