Braunschweig & TOAW III

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Does anyone know if McBride's Braunschweig has been updated to TOAW III? I'd like to give a go at this favourite of mine so any pointers will be appreciated!

PS: I've sent an email to D. McBride's last known address, only to get an 'undelivered mail' notice.

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Guys,

There is a Braunchsweig mod of version 7.1 by Ed Morris. Version 7.1 was the last released version by Daniel MCBride as far as I know. L'zard may have more information but he does not appear to be around at the moment.

The mod corrects some of the errors but it is still ACOW 300. Easy to convert to TOAW III but not actually modded to TOAW III. I fear, particularly with Daniel's scenarios, it's a case of DIY.

Best wishes,
Steve

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks for the info, it confirms what I thought the situation was. I wouldn't venture to update the scenario myself - too large and complex for my design abilities I'm afraid.

Raver

TOAW Ironman
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
If you have a look at the rugged defence site, there's an area dedicated to Stauffenberg (Daniel McBride) games, and Braunschweig is one of them. Unfortunately he said he was undertaking comprehensive updates of all of his scenarios but that was a couple of years ago now. I fear he's moved on to other things.