Brackin Basement Bash 20

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BBB 20 has come and gone. The BBB started after the ASL group from the Eastern PA Gamers Club (EPGS) started to fade due to players moving and change of venue for the club. Twenty years ago (Dec. 1997), 6 of us got together to play some ASL in my basement. And that started the yearly tradition.

This year was the 20th edition and we had 18 players including 3 rookies to the Bash. We had some regulars not make due to family matters and there are others who have made an appearance at some time or other who all make up our strong community.

To let you know there was not only good ASL, but some beer (OK – a little more than some beer); the traditional Hoagie tray that somehow disappeared very quickly, and some specialties that Vince Lewonski cooked up. Overall we had 13 games played plus a late night game of Grand Prix for those who stayed around.

Results from this years matches:

AP-119 Konev’s Cross – Paul Sidhu’s Russians defeated Bret Johnson’s Germans.

IC-9 A Parting Blow – Vince Lewonski’s Germans defeated Mitch Reisinger’s Americans.

RB-1 One Down. Two to Go – Andy Hershey’s Germans defeated John Haughey’s Russians.

J-136 Muddy Mayhem – JR Vanmechelen’s Japanese defeated Kevin Meyer’s Americans.

ITR-4 Clash at Ponyri – Jeff Miller’s Russians defeated Vince Maresca’s Germans.

ITR-19 The Narrow Front – Randy Rossi’s Americans defeated Jim Brackin’s Germans.

VotG-27 The Drama, The Park, & Deadly Things – Rob Schoenen’s Russians defeated Steve Kyle’s Germans.

J-156 Rage Against the Machine – Jason Wert’s Germans defeated Ron Duenskie’s Russians.

A68 Acts of Defiance – Bob Dengler’s Russians defeated Gabe Wert’s Germans.

A36 Guards Attack – Bob Dengler’s British defeated Gabe Wert’s Germans.

J-155 It’s Hardly Fair – Jason Wert’s Germans defeated Andy Hershey’s Americans.

J-183 A Real Barn Burner – John Haughey’s French defeated Steve Kyle’s Germans.

J-155 It’s Hardly Fair – Gabe Wert’s Americans defeated Rob Schoenen’s Germans.

Door prizes were awarded and thanks to bother Bounding Fire Productions (BFP) and Le Franc Trieur (LFT) for supplying some tantalizing gifts.

Overall, I believe that everyone had a good time and played some fun ASL.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Jim - it was a great time so thank you for the invite, super cool t-shirt, food & beverages, prizes and of course playing ASL. Looks like a poor showing for the Germans that day and I was no help! All the best,

Vincent

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I remember fondly my one and only pilgrimage to what at first I thought was the Football Hall of Fame (2007 I think). Glad you can keep it going. My neighbor, Derek Ritter, now has something similar with his Cross of Iron event.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
You would need a higher resolution photo for us to be able to clearly see people. A roll call by position would be nice as well. Thanks for the report.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
understood - however the higher resolution photos that were on my I-phone are to large to post on Gamesquad. I am sure there might be a way to lower the bytes, but I am not aware of how to do that.

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually there is no placings - it is participation. Previous years I did ASL Bingo (idea stolen from Tom Repeti - I have to say the disclaimer). This year since it was special being the 20th anniversary I just did a drawing from a hat. So all got something for a prize. Thanks goes to LFT and BFP for their support.

The picture was one that I won at WO a few years back. We needed the wall space and I decided to make SWMBO happy rather than receive the glares that could occur. I would ask Justiciar to see if he can provide any detail since he is who won it. I do not remember the artist.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks and congrats!!
Errr.... No my attempt at humor FAILED. My bad.

There is NO first place at the BBB. All goodies are participation schwag only. I just stumbled upon the largest item in the random draw...which as Jim noted was a former WO raffle win for him. All the more reason yo see you show up to the BBB or WO...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The Brackin Basement Bash is a semi-annual gathering of local players for one day. It is no tournament, and with eighteen players a tournament could not finish in one day (unless you played really short scenarios). The prizes are for "participation." There is only one contest; we voted Andy Hershey "Mr. Congeniality" for the third time. Way to go, Andy!

JR

JR Brackin

Cardboard Challanged
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is no questions regarding the ASL talent of those guys - they can all give one a whooping.

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Eastern PA is close-ish to me. Where is this? And can I participate next year?