Bracchi Hills SSR Question

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An SSR on a few of the scenarios from CH!'s 'Battle of Bracchi Hills' State:

"American leaders may be used for tank 'liaison'. If in Good Order, they may act as an armor leader for 'To Hit' purposes for any one AFV in/adjacent to their hex. Both the leader and the AFV must have a common LOS to the target. Note: Leaders with '0' leadership apply to TH# DRM"

Note the bit that I put in bold. What the heck does that mean?? :nervous:

Also, I assume that the leader, if he does direct the fire of an AFV, cannot also direct the fire of an infantry unit in his location. If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.

Thanks,

Fritz

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not positive, but I believe that's left over from the ATS version of the scenario.

Sgt. Oddball

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Jeffe!
My suggestion would be that you take this excellent question over to the CH message board. Ray and the guys at CH are pretty good/fast at answering and clarifying erratta.

Dale

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sgt. Oddball said:
Hey Jeffe!
My suggestion would be that you take this excellent question over to the CH message board. Ray and the guys at CH are pretty good/fast at answering and clarifying erratta.

Dale
Hola!

Done. I didn't even realize that CH! had message boards. Not very busy, it appears (at least for the ASL forum)

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgii2222 said:
An SSR on a few of the scenarios from CH!'s 'Battle of Bracchi Hills' State:

"American leaders may be used for tank 'liaison'. If in Good Order, they may act as an armor leader for 'To Hit' purposes for any one AFV in/adjacent to their hex. Both the leader and the AFV must have a common LOS to the target. Note: Leaders with '0' leadership apply to TH# DRM"

Note the bit that I put in bold. What the heck does that mean?? :nervous:

Also, I assume that the leader, if he does direct the fire of an AFV, cannot also direct the fire of an infantry unit in his location. If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me.

Thanks,
I answered this over on the CH message boards a couple of times now, but just to repeat, ignore the rule. It is a leftover from the ATS version. I told Ray Tapio to remove it, but he must have missed it. The rule is harmless.

Dave

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
I answered this over on the CH message boards a couple of times now, but just to repeat, ignore the rule. It is a leftover from the ATS version. I told Ray Tapio to remove it, but he must have missed it. The rule is harmless.

Dave
Thanks, Dave. I didn't see any topics on this particular question, but then again, I didn't look very hard. :halo:

Edit: Am I to ignore the entire SSR, or just the '0' leader bit?

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgii2222 said:
Thanks, Dave. I didn't see any topics on this particular question, but then again, I didn't look very hard. :halo:

Edit: Am I to ignore the entire SSR, or just the '0' leader bit?

Nevermind, I saw your post over on the CH forums.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bracchi Hills Errata: (Cross-posted from the CH message board)

Official errata change for Scenario 2 - Retrograde to Cemetery Ridge - German OB will be:
"Set up on/north of hexrow H."

Scenario 3 - Back in the Saddle -
"Only hexes numbered =< 17, on/between hexrows A-DD are in play."

Scenario 12 - The Capture of Santa Maria Infante

1.) The first 8-0 leader listed in the German OB should be an 8-1 leader.

2.) Underneath the German HMG in the German OB is a notation of 'G8'. Please ignore this as it should have remained hidden or been deleted.

3.) Add a Special Rule 3: "No fortification may be set up in either hex WW12 or WW20."