Bounding First Fire within TCA

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
As per rule 7.8, "...A vehicle that uses MG Bounding Fire must halve its FP and a Bounding First Firer must
always fire within its TCA (it may usually adjust the TCA if expending MP before firing)..."

Does it mean that I cannot fire the BMG if it is not within the TCA?

In the ASLRB: "C5.13 BOUNDING FIRST FIRE: Case A is never applicable to an ATTACKER firing during his own MPh. A Bounding First Firer must always fire within its current CA; it may change that CA only via MP expenditure (TCA D3.12; VCA D2.11). "

It makes more sense. Why this specific nuance referring to TCA only in SK?

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Not everything got translated perfectly when going ASL to ASLSK?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Think "TCA" should say "CA" in the rules.

Other rule says:
"Bow mounted weapons (e.g., BMG) always fire through the VCA and turret mounted weapons (e.g., CMG) always fire through the TCA, except for rear CMG which fire through the rear TCA."

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Agreed. What is confusing is that, assuming that you part from the ASLRB to make more simplified rules for SK, if you add a "T" in this rule (for TCA) it seems made on purpouse. It makes me think if there is an intention to limit the Bounding Fire to within the TCA, even for bow mounted weapons.
But Ockham's razor tells me that it could be simply an errata.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Agreed. What is confusing is that, assuming that you part from the ASLRB to make more simplified rules for SK, if you add a "T" in this rule (for TCA) it seems made on purpouse. It makes me think if there is an intention to limit the Bounding Fire to within the TCA, even for bow mounted weapons.
I very much doubt it's on purpose - I see no reason that this is made intentionally different in SK. IMO, it's far more likely "TCA" instead of "CA" is an oversight.