Bounding first fire and Gun duels

armonica

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I am not sure I understand correctly the situations regarding gun duels. Let's say during his MPh an AVF expend 1 movement point coming in site of an enemy AFV and declare Bounding first fire without stopping and therefore using case C4. The defender
declare defensive first fire and the attacker can declare a gun duel trying to beat the defender to the first shot.
Now if the attacker expended one extra movement point to stop
in order to avoid the penalties of case C4, could it still declare a gun duel or the defender would get the first shot anyway?

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you have it backwards. The attacker declares gun duel if and only if the defender first announces defensive fire. C2.2401 V.1. If the defender gives the nod to continue or otherwise fails declare DF, the attacker may declare BFF without the possibility of a gun duel.

For example, tank rolls up on 1 MP, defender decides to wait to avoid the limited aim DRM. Attacker can take the shot with the limited aim and motion firer. Tank expends stop MP for 2 total MP in LOS. Defender may take a shot, roll for motion status, or sit there. If the defender does nothing, the attacker can take a shot with the appropriate limited aim modifiers. If and only if the defender declares DF is the possibility of a gun duel even present!

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right, that occurs in the circumstance where the attacker wants to shoot and then scoot, rather than scooting and shooting. The exceptions, always the exceptions. :smoke: