Bounding First Fire 2018.....

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Hey guys. We're about three weeks from this event.

Suffice to say that I, along with my good friend Simon Stanihope, have done the best I think that could conceivably be expected of us, to revive a very much flagging 'main UK tournament' which has seen numbers drop from in the 60s-100s to as low as 30 odd in recent times.

Sad though it is that we've had to relocate from Bournemouth this year to Blackpool (Bournemouth was just TOOOOO inconvenient), we are hoping that this year will be a success and that we can take this from it's current level back up to the heady heights it was.

We've have fantastic support from this wonderful community. It's actually blown me away the manner in which people have rallied around us to help out.

This is a final call. If anyone is in two minds, or is thinking of coming but isn't sure....PLEASE COME. We need the numbers. We MUST make this work. Else the UK November tournament is D E A D.

See you all in November.

Martin

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This is the first time I will have attended a November tournament. Bournemouth was simply far too hard to get to for me. A 12 hour drive or fly to London and train....

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
This is the first time I will have attended a November tournament. Bournemouth was simply far too hard to get to for me. A 12 hour drive or fly to London and train....
Yeah...it's our big sell. Blackpool is just so convenient. And the hotel so nice.

Course that hasn't stopped me receiving hate mail from a guy I've never heard off, lives in Wimbourne, saying that he won't be attending another 'Intensive Fire' if it's held up North.....his last attendance in the 1990s.....his location, 15 minutes drive from Bournemouth.

Be great to see ya. Crack out the Cards Against Humanity.....just after the big ASL quiz Sat'day night !!

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Barring disaster, I'll now be attending this tournament. It's only the second time in twelve years (I think) that I've competed in the UK, but I believe this new venture of Martin's deserves support, and I absolutely love the mystery element of brand new, unpublished scenarios each round. The quality and value of the of the prizes, it must be said, is the best I can recall ever seeing in a tournament.

I would urge everyone, far and wide, to try and attend.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah...it's our big sell. Blackpool is just so convenient. And the hotel so nice.

Course that hasn't stopped me receiving hate mail from a guy I've never heard off, lives in Wimbourne, saying that he won't be attending another 'Intensive Fire' if it's held up North.....his last attendance in the 1990s.....his location, 15 minutes drive from Bournemouth.

Be great to see ya. Crack out the Cards Against Humanity.....just after the big ASL quiz Sat'day night !!
That is just bizarre. Why do folk feel the need to make statements like that?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
That is just bizarre. Why do folk feel the need to make statements like that?
"I and my brother won't be attending".

It is incredible isn't it? My fingers hovered over my keyboard....something along the lines of "you and your brother haven't supported an ASL tournament in 20 fucking years". But I counted to 10 and desisted........oh.....oops

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Barring disaster, I'll now be attending this tournament. It's only the second time in twelve years (I think) that I've competed in the UK, but I believe this new venture of Martin's deserves support, and I absolutely love the mystery element of brand new, unpublished scenarios each round. The quality and value of the of the prizes, it must be said, is the best I can recall ever seeing in a tournament.

I would urge everyone, far and wide, to try and attend.
Thank you for your support on this Toby.

I just want to add that Simon Stanihope's been a completely integral part of the whole thing. He designed the website for example, something which is utterly above and beyond my capabilities. Not to mention he's created the 'Minis' and been intrinsic in all the scenario choices etc.