Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Hi all.

Just a brief update on this year's event following the VASL tournament last year.

Pleased to confirm that it looks like Bounding Fire 2021 will be back, live with real dice, maps and stuff, all things being well.

Dates have been booked with our usual host The Headlands Hotel.

The main tournament will run Fri 19th to Saturday 21st, 5 rounds.

The Minis, 2 rounds straight knock out, will run Thursday 18th and throughout the weekend for those unable to participate in the main tourney but who would like some competitive gaming.
Minis can also be run on the Wednesday, 17th, if there are enough early attendees.

The Headlands is happy to accept guests from Tuesday 16th onwards.

The above assumes that there are no further restrictions imposed by the UK Government on such gatherings.

Delighted to confirm that Charles has held the rates at the same level as the previous events. Prices include bed and breakfast. Please book directly with the hotel.

Rooms for single occupation, prices per person:-
2 nights £90
3 nights £127.50
4 nights £160
Rooms based on 2 sharing, prices per person:-
2 nights £80
3 nights £112.50
4 nights £150

Contact Details
01253 341179
info@theheadlandsblackpool.co.uk
Full address:-
611 New South Promenade, Blackpool, FY4 1NJ

Please Register your attendance by responding to this email and also via the VFTT website:
VFTT

As usual we'll provide further detail and updates throughout the year. Hope to see you in November.

In the meantime, pay a visit to the website if you require any further information or drop me a line here.

Regards

Martin/Simon

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Hi all.

Just a brief update on this year's event following the VASL tournament last year.

Pleased to confirm that it looks like Bounding Fire 2021 will be back, live with real dice, maps and stuff, all things being well.

Dates have been booked with our usual host The Headlands Hotel.

The main tournament will run Fri 19th to Saturday 21st, 5 rounds.

The Minis, 2 rounds straight knock out, will run Thursday 18th and throughout the weekend for those unable to participate in the main tourney but who would like some competitive gaming.
Minis can also be run on the Wednesday, 17th, if there are enough early attendees.

The Headlands is happy to accept guests from Tuesday 16th onwards.

The above assumes that there are no further restrictions imposed by the UK Government on such gatherings.

Delighted to confirm that Charles has held the rates at the same level as the previous events. Prices include bed and breakfast. Please book directly with the hotel.

Rooms for single occupation, prices per person:-
2 nights £90
3 nights £127.50
4 nights £160
Rooms based on 2 sharing, prices per person:-
2 nights £80
3 nights £112.50
4 nights £150

Contact Details
01253 341179
info@theheadlandsblackpool.co.uk
Full address:-
611 New South Promenade, Blackpool, FY4 1NJ

Please Register your attendance by responding to this email and also via the VFTT website:
VFTT

As usual we'll provide further detail and updates throughout the year. Hope to see you in November.

In the meantime, pay a visit to the website if you require any further information or drop me a line here.

Regards

Martin/Simon
Good luck with your event ! Hope everyone has a great time!🤗

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hi all,

Looking forward to returning to Blackpool this summer.

Anyone up for a friendly game on the Wednesday evening? I'm also free all Thursday for a game or two?

Thanks,

Eoin

Last edited:

simon131

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi all,

Looking forward to returning to Blackpool this summer.

Anyone up for a friendly game on the Wednesday evening? I'm also free all Thursday for a game or two?

Thanks,

Eoin
Hi Eoin great you can join us later in the year. I’ll be running the Mini tournament on Thursday if you fancy taking part? I plan to post full details and invite entries next weekend

Cheers

Simon

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hi Eoin great you can join us later in the year. I’ll be running the Mini tournament on Thursday if you fancy taking part? I plan to post full details and invite entries next weekend

Cheers

Simon
Excellent, thanks Simon. I'll definitely play in the mini.

So, just looking for a game for the Wednesday evening now :)

simon131

Reaction score
Country
ll
FIRST CALL FOR THE BATTLESCHOOL MINIS (THURSDAY 18th)

Hi all

Preparation for Bounding Fire Blackpool 2021 continues to progress well and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in Blackpool later this year.

With just over 2 months until we meet up I’m putting out the first invitation for attendees to enter the Minis.

These will again be run on the Thursday (18th) with the option to additionally run on the Friday / over the weekend (depending on numbers) for those unable to participate in the main tournament.

There is a choice of either an ETO or PTO Mini. These will be blind with the scenarios handed out early on the day of play for a 9AM start. There will be a standard choice of 3 scenarios for each round, 4 participants in a group and straight knock out through to the group final. All scenarios are already published. A list of kit required will be made available nearer the time.

Battleschool (https://asl-battleschool.blogspot.com/) will again be sponsoring the Minis and have generously provided many of their 16mm custom dice as prizes.

To register for entry of the Minis (or for any other questions about them) please email bfpminis@outlook.com with a note of which Mini you wish to enter (ETO or PTO) and on what day.

Thanks and Regards,

Simon

simon131

Reaction score
Country
ll
Those who receive our regular emails will know that the tourney website has recently been discontinued due to low visitor numbers and ongoing costs. We much prefer to direct those funds into a broader range of prizes for tournament attendees.

But where I hear you ask can I now get more information about the tournament, what’s involved, how to register / book at the hotel etc?

It is, of course, at the new Bounding Fire Blackpool blog…..

www.boundingfireblackpool.blogspot.com

Please check it out, it will be updated regularly as we approach the tournament

As this is something new for us any comments, feedback or suggestions on how we can improve welcome

Simon / Martin

Last edited:

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Those who receive our regular emails will know that the tourney website has recently been discontinued due to low visitor numbers and ongoing costs. We much prefer to direct those funds into a broader range of prizes for tournament attendees.

But where I hear you ask can I now get more information about the tournament, what’s involved, how to register / book at the hotel etc?

As this is something new for us any comments, feedback or suggestions on how we can improve welcome

Simon / Martin
Is there a limiting factor in coordinating all ASL tournaments in a single webpage?

Each could pitch in a small amount and ALL tournaments can be posted with links to the specifics of their own tourney.

A veritable cornucopia of Tournament resources, or are there other non gaming community building issues involved in a simple project such as this?

Crossing fingers

simon131

Reaction score
Country
ll
With just over 2 weeks until we all assemble in Blackpool, the Blog has been updated with some initial information on COVID-19. A full update will be posted a couple of days before we start

Sponsors list also updated

Places remain available for the Thursday Battleschool Minis both ETO and PTO. If you wish to participate please email bfpminis@outlook.com with your preference, thanks

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

www.boundingfireblackpool.blogspot.com

Simon / Martin
This works better for me : https://boundingfireblackpool.blogspot.com/

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Any chance of being the first LIVE STREAM ASL TOURNAMENT?

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hi mate,

love to play you FTF having played via VASL way back when. I am there Thursday through Sunday :)
]

Hi Ian,

That would be fantastic - how about a game Sunday? We’ll have to have a pint or two one of the evenings!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I can manage a game Sunday morning then it's off home so a good way to end the weekend :) A few drinks of an evening does sound rather pleasant too
Captain Bacchus and I suggest you explore the boundaries beyond pleasant. 😉🤪🤪

Gamer72

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Today I’ve posted a new page on the Blog featuring many, but not all, of the fantastic prizes to be won at this years Bounding Fire Tournament. Check it out when you can
Prizes look great !