Bounding Fire Blackpool - 2022 (copy of my circular email I've just sent out)

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I had fun Carl. Think I played one of your scenarios in the "pick up and go" category - "The Way Back To Kohima". Martin has the feedback sheet.

Funny thing on that was three of us were looking at the scenario and thought that there was something wrong with the map - it should be the other way round. Then helping someone else set it up I realised that it was OK. Weird - that is the trouble with tournys - you get tired.

My feedback for the scenario was that the walking wounded should be allowed to CX to get into bamboo. As it stands the SSR states they cannot CX so cannot get into bamboo. Hopefully we got that right?

Only other thing was why have it at the full 8 turns when the Japanese turn 8 is a bit redundant. The Brits are off the board by turn 8 and it is game won or lost at that point. Now that I look at the scenario card it states in writing that the game length is 7.5 turns - but we are all used to the red triangle on the turn track............

My opponent and I thought that the balance was OK (we had a close game - I lost as the Brits by only getting 2.5 squads off the board) and that it was a good little PTO scenario.

Many thanks to Martin and Simon for all their hard work - and to the sponsors for all the prizes (none of which I won :()

Last edited:

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Big shout out to Martin and Simon for running a superb tournament. Had a throughly good time meeting up with friends. Managed to get through to semi final but unfortunately lost to Jim Bishop albeit we had a good game. Highlight for me was playing a Red Factories scenario with the esteemed Toby Pilling with Toby defending with the Germans. I managed to win with a few turns left as my Russians stormed a couple of factories. Crazy moment when i moved a 8-0 leader into CC with a concealed 447 and ambush didn’t happen. In the subsequent CC I went HtH and killed the squad. Toby in his turn then sent in a further concealed squad (467) and the Hero of the Motherland ambushed the squad, however lightning didn’t strike twice and I failed to kill the squad but the squad took revenge. Great game against Toby and learnt a lot from him.

Toby Pilling

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I had great fun again at the tournament. Most of my competative games were a challenge and my bout with Dave was particularly memorable coming down to the last dice roll.
It was a shame Jim and I couldn't battle it out fully, but hopefully we can play in some alternative forum. At least I was the last undefeated player!
I look forward to next year.