Bombardment

J P

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was thinking of buying a Bombardment for Edsons ridge (i am the U.S.) but the mechanics seem bad value. The way i read it, i will pay 6 pts (about a third of my points) to be able to attack an area of 300 hexes, however after doing the C1.8 immune to attack dr's (6 dr's to randomly select ROWS of numbers that are immune)i could attack as little as 120 hexes with a maximum of 180 hexes being immune to its effects. Is that right? It seems bad value or have i read it wrong?

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Depends on your POV... it all looks good to me...

I am NRBH but I agree with your concerns about the bombardment though... remember that time in KGP when we did it and it came up as essentially a lot of noise and smoke but little else... this is a bigger and more expensive version of that

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Legion said:
Depends on your POV... it all looks good to me...

I am NRBH but I agree with your concerns about the bombardment though... remember that time in KGP when we did it and it came up as essentially a lot of noise and smoke but little else... this is a bigger and more expensive version of that
A bombardment in KGP can be great against exposed german vehicles. Just the threat of a bombardment forces the german to spread his vehicles out. If the German player is not spreading out, buy two bombardments and kill five or six vehicles (and probably some infantry as well).

I do not have ER, but it seems to me that a bombardment would force the enemy to set up in foxholes. If the enemy is not doing that, a bombardment would work very well.