Bombardment c1.82 - Reveal HIP

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi

I have always thought that HIPs are revealed due to bombardment MC. This sentence was, however, brought up by my opponent:"Hidden/concealed Personnel that break or become pinned must be completely revealed regardless of enemy LOS (thus eliminating a Dummy stack)". I am arguing that this means that it is put on board concealed, if 2MC is passed while he means that it is kept offbd in that caswe. Not that it means much as it is obvious that something is there but it´d be immune to snipers and probably forgotten as times passes.

/SA

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You don't have to point out where a MC/TC was made for HIP units. Roll for terrain normally and you can roll for the HIP units at the end of the bombardment (They need not be taken in order as you progress through the hexes of the bombardment). I just record the effect DR for each affected hex to avoid giving away too much info and make their TC/MC (or elimination) at the end of the bombardment applying results as per the last sentence of C1.822 to see if there is an effect upon them (e.g. Pinned/Broken/eliminated). I believe there was a Q&A for a scenario that verified this is an acceptable way to conduct bombardment results.