Bolt Action WW2 Miniatures Game

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone tried it yet? A buddy introduced me to it and at 28mm some of the figs are gorgeous.

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay so I'm a day late and a dollar(or 2) short but here's my go. I have a few games in and there are things I like about it. It moves fairly quickly, the dice draw to activate units, the models, and the results. It is a fun games and not a "sim". There are some issues, personally I do not like the way closing to hand to hand works. Some other minor issues. If you have not given it a go yet I would recommend you do. There are other rules sets that are more "realistic" so I would also recommend a trip to the On Military Matters website and looking through whats available. The Warlord minis are very nice though and I use a lot of the plastics which are very cost effective. Hope this was a help.

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Bill, long time my friend. How is the family? Still pushing around Infinity with the young'un? By the way nice collection / avatar.

In our test drive of Bolt Action we also discovered its flaw of melee combat. A shot up squad slammed into and wiped out a fresh squad which shocked us all. That cooled the interest for Bolt Action and it has not been pulled out since. I still have a semi completed US squad sitting on my book shelf that I need to finish or pack up. I'll check out Military Matters and see what is available. Thanks for the lead and as always good to hear from you.

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Chuck, good to hear from you, hope all is well. Come around every now and then to check in. Still playing Infinity but not as much. Been playing boardgames a lot. Tsuro/Tsuro of the Seas, Munchkin, 7 Wonders, Pandemic, Wings of War/Glory, Dead of Winter, Bang!The dice game, and Coup. Have Manhattan Project, Bohnanza (fun game), Sky Trader, and The Castles of Mad King Ludwig on the way. The board/card games get the family around the table almost as good as "Dinner". Thanks re my collection. Just a part in the photo. '43 Springfield Garand, '44 Rock-Ola carbine in original condition, 1917 1911 Colt/Remington UMC, all shooters. Put the carbine in original condition and almost have enough parts to put a second together, most likely will do it IBM. The Garand is my favorite to shoot, but my AK is 1b.

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I tried to get my kids into gaming but they are teenagers and don't want to play with Dad. I have some of those titles you mention and they are indeed awesome games to play. Check out Sheriff of Nottingham as our group has had a blast playing it.