macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

Very common occurrence - Sherman crosses the bocage - then rolls a "9" - +1 normal ground pressure but is there a +1 or +2 for crossing bocage - cant find any modifier in all the list?

Thanks in advance for this

Cheers

Rob ?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Hi All

Very common occurrence - Sherman crosses the bocage - then rolls a "9" - +1 normal ground pressure but is there a +1 or +2 for crossing bocage - cant find any modifier in all the list?

Thanks in advance for this

Cheers

Rob ?
I don't think there is any modifier for crossing Bocage at all.
Neither the D8.21 Bog Check DRM Table on the Chapter D divider lists one and the Chapter B divider states for Bocage for fully tracked vehicles 'Z & COT B', meaning half MP-allotment plus Cost of Terrain and a (normal) Bog Check.

von Marwitz

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I went to visit Normandy beaches with one Martin Mayers. We drove into the heart of bocage
country. I think we agreed that bocage in ASL is relatively painless to cross. Sure, it's half MP + COT,
but the DRM for bog is rather generous. Both of us were surprised that there was no additional
modifier for bocage.

Perhaps it's a compromise for playability's sake?

indy

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Bocage comes in many types, so crossing it would represent different levels of difficulty...

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I went to visit Normandy beaches with one Martin Mayers. We drove into the heart of bocage
country. I think we agreed that bocage in ASL is relatively painless to cross. Sure, it's half MP + COT,
but the DRM for bog is rather generous. Both of us were surprised that there was no additional
modifier for bocage.

Perhaps it's a compromise for playability's sake?

indy
Belly shot is the big issue..