BoF16 Saluting a General AAR - Bagley vs Bishop

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I thought it would help future players find (and compare) AAR on this scenario if I created a dedicated thread for this "Series Replay."

First, I should stress that BoF16 is a hoot to watch--and I've watched a few. There's nothing dull about it, and I encourage players to give it a test drive.

That said, I still think it favours the Russians, although not as much as the original did. The extra Pz IIIG, APCR, and an 8-0 "scout" help, just not as much as expected.

If you are interested in the pregame analysis and setup, I'd start with Part 1 of this four-part series. If you want to get straight into the action, begin with Part 2. If you've been there and done that, and are only interested in the outcome and post-game analysis, you can skip ahead to Part 4. For links to all four parts, the Grognard page is your goto place.

If you spot any errors, please do not hesitate to leave a comment here and/or on the Sitrep post.

Thanks for reading. And thanks to Andy and Jim for the opportunity to spotlight one of Mattias Rönnblom's designs. The Swedish Terminator has a knack for unusual combined-arms contests.

Chris

Last edited:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
My counter should be a 6+1 or maybe a 5+2 based on the outcome :) -- jim

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My counter should be a 6+1 or maybe a 5+2 based on the outcome :) -- jim
Baganov demonstrated remarkable fighting spirit, but didn't survive Turn 5. He would have been eligible for promotion, had he lived.

The Germans start with three 9-1 leaders. So the odds were in your favour that at least one would survive to write his memoirs.

I hear Bischof is posted to Finland as a 9-0 where he will undergo Self-Rally training as a member of Tuomo's squad. ;)