Bodø ASL Open - 24th. Jan-26th Jan 2020

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
We live where we live, and the weather is what it is; and it probably shapes our outlook of the world. The same as the British isles, and elsewhere on the isles in the Atlantic. Rain, fog, wind and cold is part of life.

Even if we did an event in the summertime, there would unfortunately be no guarantee for good weather
And the south of Spain is becoming a hot desert...

Anyway, I'm seriously thinking of going there... An aurora borealis must be something to watch, and now, with my boys out of home, I have more time to spare...

And two days of ftf ASL.... The worst part is the travel... But Im thinking...

Last edited:

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hey! I'm in the South of England and thanks to all this CO2 mankind is pumping out it is becoming mediterranean. Green lawns in summer are a thing of the past..........
The thing I miss from my childhood is the virtual ausence nowadays of bugs, flies, wasps, bettles, butterflys,... I remember walking through lawns full of flowers, and at each flower a few insects or spiders...

They are gone now...

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The thing I miss from my childhood is the virtual ausence nowadays of bugs, flies, wasps, bettles, butterflys,... I remember walking through lawns full of flowers, and at each flower a few insects or spiders...
They are gone now...
Thank the Monsanto boys for that...

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
Preprogram:
All tournament participants are invited to an exclusive guided tour of The Norwegian Aviation Museum (https://www.luftfartsmuseum.no/) Friday at 14:00.
Wow, I am really impressed by the number of interesting aircraft they have been able to assemble. Looks really cool (but unfortunately will not be enough to make me attend - unless you need my attendance to reach the magical number 8, as previously promised).

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Wow, I am really impressed by the number of interesting aircraft they have been able to assemble. Looks really cool (but unfortunately will not be enough to make me attend - unless you need my attendance to reach the magical number 8, as previously promised).
There are 6 regstered now. It is getting close that we’ll meet in Bodö.....

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
There are 6 regstered now. It is getting close that we’ll meet in Bodö.....
I am very glad to hear that the numbers are creeping up towards 8 or more. Well Done by the northern Vikings.

I am also glad that I put in the caveat "if I have enough time to book a decent flight". I looked at pricing today and with SAS it is already around twice as expensive as my last trip to Helsinki (and only 20-25% cheaper with Norwegian). As you know I have already had a discussion with you Sissukoni guys on how relatively expensive the short Helsinki tournament is for me. So Bodö is OUT for me, I am afraid, as I cannot justify the cost.

Now I hit the streets of Manhattan for one day of "jetlag removal" in NYC before taking the train to Albany :) .

Last edited:

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I meant that one of the obvious reasons for a southerner to go to the polar circle in winter is to see auroras!! ?

If you can also play ASL a full weekend wirh good company, it looks awesome!!, and something to think about (despite a 10 hour travel there from Seville/Málaga ?)