Bocage Hexside

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know this question asked sometime ago, but I cannot find the thread. If you're able to point to it I would very much appreciate it.

Question: LOS down a Bocage hexside is blocked. What about slight off the hexside, does the depiction also block the LOS?

Thank you

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I know this question asked sometime ago, but I cannot find the thread. If you're able to point to it I would very much appreciate it.

Question: LOS down a Bocage hexside is blocked. What about slight off the hexside, does the depiction also block the LOS?

Thank you
Yes .. A6.1 "... If the thread does not cross a terrain depiction capable of obstructing the LOS between the target and firing hexes (with the obstruction visible on both sides of the thread) [EXC: Inherent Terrain hexes (B.6) block or hinder LOS if traced exactly along their hexside even though the terrain depiction is not visible on both sides of the thread], there is a clear LOS between the two hexes."

Last edited:

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I always wondered about this. Is the situation any different if it is a wall/hedge rather than bocage?

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only difference is the height I believe. A unit at LVL 1 would not be able to see over bocage like they would a wall/hedge.

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems incongruous that a LOS directly down a hex spine of a wall is blocked while one that just nicks the wall is blocked, but there it is.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It seems incongruous that a LOS directly down a hex spine of a wall is blocked while one that just nicks the wall is blocked, but there it is.
A LOS down the spine of a wall is not blocked unless there is a tree way way intersection at the far end of the wall which would block LOS beyond the hex forming two of the wall hexsides and the intersection of the wall hexside that the LOS is traced along.

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've asked Perry at least once and the answer I always get back is that the artwork matters. One example: http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/b9-2-wall-hedge-tem-los.129032/

LOS along a Bocage hex side graphic is still hitting that Level 1 Obstacle so should be blocked since the Bocage isn't a hex side of the target hex.
Thanks. Perry’s answer indicates a LOS slightly off the hex side that clips the hedge/wall depiction provides tem but does not block LOS. Different with bocage.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. Perry’s answer indicates a LOS slightly off the hex side that clips the hedge/wall depiction provides tem but does not block LOS. Different with bocage.
Different in what way, exactly? Artwork matters is the key concept. If the LOS is crossing an obstacle, by what rule are you saying the LOS would be clear?

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Different in what way, exactly? Artwork matters is the key concept. If the LOS is crossing an obstacle, by what rule are you saying the LOS would be clear?
Hedge/wall provides tem under the circumstances depicted while bocage would block.