Bocage Errata?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I may have found an error in the pocket rulebook and indeed in the 2008 errata page B10A. If you check B9.521. In the second sentence of the example given "A unit in 44BB8 can see into (but not through) Z6 to Z8 (thus revealing HIP counters per A12.33)."

My thought is that being behind a Bocage hexside is concealment terrain and hence concealment and HIP is not lost...unless you can see the location through a non bocage hexside.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I may have found an error in the pocket rulebook and indeed in the 2008 errata page B10A. If you check B9.521. In the second sentence of the example given "A unit in 44BB8 can see into (but not through) Z6 to Z8 (thus revealing HIP counters per A12.33)."

My thought is that being behind a Bocage hexside is concealment terrain and hence concealment and HIP is not lost...unless you can see the location through a non bocage hexside.
A12.33 is concealment loss for Fortifications, not units. Fortifications lose concealment on LOS at range < 17 even in concealment terrain, unless night/PTO is in effect. A unit would not lose concealment/HIP just for LOS for that LOS.

JR

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
A12.33 is concealment loss for Fortifications, not units. Fortifications lose concealment on LOS at range < 17 even in concealment terrain, unless night/PTO is in effect. A unit would not lose concealment/HIP just for LOS for that LOS.

JR
I'm an idiot. Sorry, I should have checked A12.33. I thought it was referring to infantry.