Bocage and WA

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Playing Panzerpionier against Derek and at the end game I had a sqd and leader in a building with a bondage on one side.
I felt I coukd not claim WE as then he'd have hit me with 12 flat and almost certainly broken me.
As a result he coukd run his FT toting guys up to adjacent and flame me in the ADVFire phase.

If I had placed the 8-0 with WA, leaving the 666 in the building, once the FT was adjacent, could it have attacked the squad or merely the leader?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
If I had placed the 8-0 with WA, leaving the 666 in the building, once the FT was adjacent, could it have attacked the squad or merely the leader?
Both, once adjacent you can attack across a Bocage hexside even without WA. Second bullet of rule B9.521:

9.521 HEXSIDE LOS:
LOS may be traced through a bocage hexside to the hex formed by that hexside, but what can be seen depends on the viewer’s status:
  • A viewer having WA over that bocage hexside: can see freely through the bocage hexside and any hex beyond it.
  • A viewer in a hex formed by the bocage hexside, but without WA: can see through the bocage hexside to the adjacent hex, but not beyond that hex. It can see anything in that hex.
  • A viewer not in a hex formed by the bocage hexside: can see through the bocage hexside, to the hex forming that hexside, but not beyond that hex. It cannot see units without WA nor their possessed equipment, but it can see everything else in that hex.