BoB Normandy has Landed!!!

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
No the carts are not used ...which was anoying given they were mentioned in the e-mail they sent out. No rules for them either so any designers would have to fudge any wrinkles that they find..
That borders on Wild Bill like.

They did more than mention it in an email - they advertised those counters on their website also, no? And on the product packaging. I don't understand how they can use a new counter type to sell the game, and then not provide scenarios - or worse, rules - for it. That just goes beyond belief.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That borders on Wild Bill like.

They did more than mention it in an email - they advertised those counters on their website also, no? And on the product packaging. I don't understand how they can use a new counter type to sell the game, and then not provide scenarios - or worse, rules - for it. That just goes beyond belief.
I was suprised they did not figure in the pack, yet another wrankle that gives anyone who dislikes CH ammo and those on the fence a reason to jump on the other side. It made me smile when the extra suprise free gift turned out to be a paper bookmark. They know how to wind people up for sure.

On the other hand I just finished up my third good fun scenario of the pack and whilst I accept what has been said above about other titles being poor I am happy with this product. I am more inclined to buy the next item they produce because of this one but lets not get too excited it was a relativly small project so easyier to get right.

Ian

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I was suprised they did not figure in the pack, yet another wrankle that gives anyone who dislikes CH ammo and those on the fence a reason to jump on the other side. It made me smile when the extra suprise free gift turned out to be a paper bookmark. They know how to wind people up for sure.

On the other hand I just finished up my third good fun scenario of the pack and whilst I accept what has been said above about other titles being poor I am happy with this product. I am more inclined to buy the next item they produce because of this one but lets not get too excited it was a relativly small project so easyier to get right.

Ian
Good post. I think the scenarios look interesting and the map is well done. That's the odd part - if the product stands on its own merits, why discredit yourself with dumb gimmicks?

I posted in the Distant Guns forum that I miss the days when game companies were run by actual businessmen, and not overgrown children. I won't be that harsh with CH as they are obviously doing something right, but some of that sentiment still applies. You just know that Jim Dunnigan and Charles S. Roberts wore ties to work and probably filled out their own tax forms in the spring.

The advertising blurb on the ATS version is kind of goofy as well. It mentions you need the system counters in order to play, and then two lines laters says words to the effect of 'oh, never mind, we threw in an extra sheet of system counters'. Reminds me of those junior high school elections where they put a poster with the word "sex" in capital letters and then in small print say "now that I have your attention, vote for me for class president." Funny for two seconds, or until the Vice Principal pulls it down.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good post. I think the scenarios look interesting and the map is well done. That's the odd part - if the product stands on its own merits, why discredit yourself with dumb gimmicks?

I posted in the Distant Guns forum that I miss the days when game companies were run by actual businessmen, and not overgrown children. I won't be that harsh with CH as they are obviously doing something right, but some of that sentiment still applies. You just know that Jim Dunnigan and Charles S. Roberts wore ties to work and probably filled out their own tax forms in the spring.

The advertising blurb on the ATS version is kind of goofy as well. It mentions you need the system counters in order to play, and then two lines laters says words to the effect of 'oh, never mind, we threw in an extra sheet of system counters'. Reminds me of those junior high school elections where they put a poster with the word "sex" in capital letters and then in small print say "now that I have your attention, vote for me for class president." Funny for two seconds, or until the Vice Principal pulls it down.
I think it is what CH THINK is marketing. It's not. I find much of what they put on their e-mail blurb etc. to be either a turn off or a meth. Did I buy this product because of the e-mail? No again. It was Gunner Scotts comments. I bought Purple Heart Draw on his recomendations, in both cases he has not disapointed. If I play no more I still have had 3 games for £20, can't grumble.

Ian