Boats in Everswim

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Had a chance meeting with one of Palantirs' multiple personalities on the road through Fornost yesterday - gossiped about the latest release notes. Want to share the latest, Kerry?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What and you couldn't? :crosseye: :laugh:

Just that in the latest patch they are including a boat service between the west & east shores of Lake Nenuial (Evendim)- so no more bio breaks as you dive in and head for the far shore! :(

As irksome as it was, making that long swim did give you the feeling of being "out there" in the wilds.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Why steal your thunder. :)

I just looked up the notes on the website...you didn't mention it will cost 25 silver pieces! That's a lot of coin! Well, not really, unless you're a miser like me. I'll still probably stick to swimming. The two ferry points are the Eavespires and Tinnudir, so there will still be overland travel and swimming involved around the lake.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That 25 Sp will drop soon enough as players "comment" about the cost.:hush:

Remember when it used to cost 5 whole Silver to go from stable to stable? Then it dropped to 1 Silver due to the "burden" on new players. Of course 1 Sp is too much for veteran players so, this upgrade will give all current players a great gift for playing so long- a permanent 20% decrease in stable costs!!
80 copper pieces oh my!

You have to figure that before long the insignificance of spending a "silly" 80 copper will be put forth and the entire cost of rides will be zero.

The old fun of "struggling" just to survive and get by in M.E. is slowly being replaced everywhere by "convince" & "fast tracking." I happen to like the struggle aspect as nothing was easy in LotR - if it was Gandalf would have just had a Great Eagle drop the ring into Mount Doom & that would be that...

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Unbelievable!

I "discovered" the boat station on Tinnudir, but despite the fact my world map clearly shows the boat station in the Eavespires, the game tells me I have not yet "discovered" it and I have to swim across to the Eavespires before I am allowed to take a boat there!

Like the boatmaster wouldn't know where it is? :laugh:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Same as the Stable Points, you have to find them first before the stable horse knows the way.

Nice pict.
Yeah, yeah, but I've been to the Eavespires a zillion times - evidenced by the fact THE OTHER BOAT STATION IS ALREADY MARKED ON MY MAP! :laugh:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But "your" boat has never been there so you have to show it the way. :confused:
Maybe it's more like a ferry-crossing & you're the first one so you have to drag the rope across the lake for the rest of us! :hissyfit:

A nice "little" thing is this opens the way for sea travel in the future.
Grey Havens to the Lond Daer ruins on the Greyflood, Dol Amroth & Pelargir in the far south. :clap:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
But "your" boat has never been there so you have to show it the way. :confused:
Maybe it's more like a ferry-crossing & you're the first one so you have to drag the rope across the lake for the rest of us! :hissyfit:

A nice "little" thing is this opens the way for sea travel in the future.
Grey Havens to the Lond Daer ruins on the Greyflood, Dol Amroth & Pelargir in the far south. :clap:
Hopefully they at least change the "horse" icon to a boat...bad enough I had to wait 30 minutes for all the updates, mostly for the Book 8 or whatever, which I can't even play yet, and which will be for group instances and stuff I have no interest in anyway even when I do level up to, but they could have at least spent 10 minutes to make a couple of new icons for the map and the in-game ID...:bite: