Boards

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I was wondering if there was any way of looking up the ASL mapboards online (for help when choosing for a scenario) in order to save having to pour through every single physical map I own whenever I am trying to choose a board?

no idea if anything is out there to help or not

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know Tom Repetti used to have a downloadable PDF with pictures of all the maps but his site doesn't work anymore I believe.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was wondering if there was any way of looking up the ASL mapboards online (for help when choosing for a scenario) in order to save having to pour through every single physical map I own whenever I am trying to choose a board?

no idea if anything is out there to help or not

I sometimes use the MMP web site, The map images are small, but can serve in a pinch.

Regards
Joe

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
go to VASL Boards file. Rename them as bd01.zip and unzip then extract the gif file. That way you can just page through them with an image viewer.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That seems like reinventing the wheel. The link I posted above is a page with pictures of every board. Even if you wanted them local, you could just grab every image off that page and download them to your computer. And that page will let you look at a thumbnail, click to make slightly bigger and click again to see it full size.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A very easy fix that I've used (though in the short run a time consuming process) is create an xls worksheet or a similar document with the board identification then create a board folder with PNG images of the boards from VASL. Using a hyperlink or insert a picture function tie these together. I also use this to put together board configurations for scenarios that I might want to preview. The same can be applied to review overlays using the bd00 as the backdrop for several at a time. The only thing this does is to shorten up the time to preview boards rather than load them continuously through VASL, but it works for me.