Boards for next AP...

Canadian Dude

Malicious Maniac
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You know that with these boards we have reached a new level of decadance in ASL that no other wargame has experienced. Kinda feels naughty and nice at the same time.

My question is, though, when is this board thing going to stop? When (if?) the SK-style mapboard set comes out, the entire series is going to weigh more than the original 52 mounted boards!
Would you complain about too much sex?

No, I didn't think so. :bite:

I'm not dead yet!

I think it's a huge mistake to not include them, and I'll keep on fighting for them every inch of the way.

There is absolutely no reason why CG terrain should not be in Chapter B, IMHO.
Completely Agree. Loved that board way more when it had the slopes. Keep up the fight for the end of Chapter B slop segregation.

- The Canadian Dude

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not extremely familiar with VASL, but aren't these boards going to pose a problem with the current configuration process?
With the workaround, there's no problem. You need to download a board called NUL, and place it accordingly. This board is one pixel wide, so VASL lets you create a proper 2x2 board configuration without looking goofy.

Well, without THE BOARD looking goofy. You know.

JVan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Beautiful boards. I can't wait to get my hands on them.

J. R. Tracy

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not dead yet!

I think it's a huge mistake to not include them, and I'll keep on fighting for them every inch of the way.

There is absolutely no reason why CG terrain should not be in Chapter B, IMHO.
Keep fighting the good fight, Fort - they're easy enough to ignore for scenario designers that wish to - make them activated by SSR only.

JR

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keep fighting the good fight, Fort - they're easy enough to ignore for scenario designers that wish to - make them activated by SSR only.

JR
I'm not a 'slope guy', but Gary's method of introducing a few slopes on an an occaisonal board is an acceptable compromise. Might be a good way to learn them , like any other new rule or terrain feature.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
These are in all probability the final version of these boards...they are not in Hi Res, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Wow, these are freaking awsome. Charlie needs to redo all the old maps...

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gary,

I really lilke this concept and the options it ads. This, along with our DW stuff, really opens a lot for scenario design. It definitely has me pumped up.

Thanks,
chas

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
They do look very good. I would however prefer the white line to show the crest where there is woods, grain, brush on two levels of the hill.

I don't know what others think, but I like to be able to see the full crest.

Bill

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is a VASL photo of the map configuration for one of the scenarios I am working on for the next FKM AP. It's for a contested river crossing in Italy...