Boards 58 and 78 - Remarkably Similar, Yet Totally Different?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. The Elves couldn't keep up with Don's production rate. "Prioritize!" they said. "Get Stuffed!" he said. Negotiations were... difficult.
Them are those angry elves. The elves I work with are happy.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Them are those angry elves. The elves I work with are happy.
Your guys don't work for Don.

"Hey, it took all night but we finally finished those last batch of 25 boards Don sent!"

"Dude. Check your email"

"PETROSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

"Hey, it took all night but we finally finished those last batch of 25 boards Don sent!"

"Dude. Check your email"

Working for the Don is said to have its delicacies: If hesitant, it is said, they might receive a visit by Luigi with two buckets of fresh cement and an invitation to sleep with the fishes...

von Marwitz

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Working for the Don is said to have its delicacies: If hesitant, it is said, they might receive a visit by Luigi with two buckets of fresh cement and an invitation to sleep with the fishes...

von Marwitz
upload_2018-1-10_9-39-11.png

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a big difference between the two: Namely, the 'peripheral' terrain. Place another half-board along the A or GG edge of 78, and you can see many other possibilities, with the smaller hill actually becoming less important to the action. Both 'Ambush on South Knob' and 'The First Virtue' kind of tease that idea a little bit, but I have some others in the oven that will feature the peripheral terrain a bit more prominently.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

"Dude. Check your email"

I’m not sure who we work for. Every so often they throw back the bolt, crack the door, and throw in some moldy bread and curd but I never get a chance to see who they are

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like a great idea for an action pack. Perhaps 2 double wide type boards (4 geo type in total) with matching scenarios. Would up the costs a bit, but provide quite a bit of 'action' I would think.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You made me take them out...

While might look similar at first glance, I believe, they "play" differently. Probably, bd58 is the more useful one of the two.

Bd78 is just one of those hill-boards with a few level 3 Locations, that might be the "obvious" places to put some long range weapons or to cut down on blind hexes - with not much rally terrain around.

Bd58 has a larger level 3 area - inclusive of woods in non-crest locations which will very likely make them safe rout havens in many many board configurations. You can build very hard to tackle "king of the hill" positions on this one especially provided with a couple of fortifications (Trenches might work especially well together with the gullys there).

von Marwitz
Actually I find board 78 the more useful of the two. Reason: more peripheral terrain. 58 has only a single use: A big hill. Board 78 has some woods on one end and some grain and orchards, etc. on the other. Expect to see these features in play in upcoming scenarios

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Designed to look a bit like the approaches to Teploye / Oklovatka (Kursk).

Reactions: Del