Boardgame Geek (BGG) for selling ASL stuff

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Boardgame Geek (BGG) BGG site is a boardgaming site and is a fabulous resource. It has a pretty robust search function and you can find just about any game.

They also have a marketplace to buy and sell games. I have sold about a dozen games on Boardgame Geek (BGG) over the past year and have enjoyed the ease of transacting there. An additional upside is the 3% selling fee versus eBay's 10% on the game AND the shipping. I was just checking on the half-dozen Schwerpunkts and a few Rally Points I have listed there and wondered if anyone else has used BGG's marketplace before -- especially for ASL?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I looked at it a few times but I have never felt inclined. It's probably silly but I lean towards trusting GS folks more (or GS folks I know who are on FB). Perhaps I don't see enough GS folks selling on BGG.

With eBay 10% comes some assurance and recourse when it comes to transaction issues. With BGG's 3% your butt still hangs in the wind.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Sold AH games Patton's Best and TacAir on BGG. Have Midway up for sale.

veron

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Also have bought a lot of ASL stuff from BGG, no problems so far, fingers crossed.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've also made 24 trades on BGG. No fee. You just pay shipping for the stuff you send.

Highly recommended.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've also made 24 trades on BGG. No fee. You just pay shipping for the stuff you send.

Highly recommended.
Yes, I have never had a problem. In fact, folks have been ridiculously courteous and kind. And, if any of you are interested in Schwerpunkts 16 - 21 and a few Rally Points, take a look. Here's an example.

Schwerpunkt 21

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Why list on BGG for 3% then? Why not GS and pay a annual "all in" to support the forum? Why list on BGG and advertise it on GS?