Board Wargame Longevity

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If someone said to me Les I am going to stick you on an island and the only wargame you can have would be what game, it would have to be Squad Leader.

JohnnyWilson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Belated Answers

Nobody's posted to this recently, but I liked the question and I'm new to the forum, so here's my quickly devalued 2 cents worth.

The oldest game on my shelf that I'd like to play again is AH's D-Day. I've been trying to find someone to play Panzer Leader or Arab-Israeli Wars online or FTF in the Atlanta area. I'd gladly haul out Submarine (AH) or Sniper! (SPI) for a game and I'm actually playing Battle for Italy via cyberboard and getting ready to start one PBEM. I'd love to learn how to play Guns of August by cyberboard or FTF and I'm willing to play Luftwaffe. My brother and I played Richtofen's War about a year and a half ago.

cujo8-1

The Earl of Burgundy
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I play ASL weekly.

Other games I play and plan to play into the future are:

B-17 Queen of the Skies
Wooden Ships and Iron Men
Up Front
Richtofen's War
Midway plus variants

Other games I own and want to play are:

Trireme
Caesar at Alesia
Afrika Corps
Seige of Jerusalem

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
After spending the weekend knee deep at an anime convention (first ever Con any sort ever been to as well, friend treated though) Went to Anime North in Toronto, I have come away realising (after seeing sooooooo much collectible stuff), that anything bought and not used, is a dumb idea, a waste of money, and sorry, if you have a wargame in shrink wrap, you're an idiot.

DON'T waste my time explaining about it's dollar value stupid.

As far as wargames go, my excessively over used Rommel in the Desert (Columbia games) and Up Front (AH edition) trumps anything you care to mention regardless of dollar value for its pristine condition.

A shrink wrapped item, has zero value.
If you bought it to decorate a shelf, you're guess what, wait for it...

An idiot :)

Oh, for all you guys crying about no girls at wargaming Cons, try an anime Con, the proportion of 3 girls to every guy was VERY amusing.
You can always teach a cute anime girl type fan a wargame later :)

Tom DeFranco

Reaction score
Aries said:
If someone said to me Les I am going to stick you on an island and the only wargame you can have would be what game, it would have to be Squad Leader.
For me, that would be a toss up of any of the CWR series from MMP/The Gamers. I'd probably close my eyes and grab one.