Board Access Issues

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The board update function has stopped working.

The way it works is that VASL looks for a list of all possible boards by getting a file from our repository on the internet. It then adds to it any local boards not on the list (homemade boards or boards under development usually). That is the complete list that you are used to seeing in the boardPicker dropdown.

Currently, VASL is unable to get the list from the internet so all that it shows is boards that have already been downloaded to your local drive. That is what you are seeing.

I know why VASL is not getting the file from the internet repository and am working to fix that.

dachda

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for working on this problem. I was surprised when I went to check out the Ste Mere Eglise maps and found only a couple of board available.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The DZ:SME maps which were available albeit briefly before all this fuss, will not be available again until tomorrow. They were not part of the problem but I took them down while searching for the problem. Will repost them tomorrow AM.

If you already downloaded them, you will still have access.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
6.6.5 and all earlier versions that use board updating (it went through several variations) so easily back to 6.1.0 or so. I have not tested all versions but I am pretty sure about this. The line of code that became problematic was added in 2014!

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
6.6.5 and all earlier versions that use board updating (it went through several variations) so easily back to 6.1.0 or so. I have not tested all versions but I am pretty sure about this. The line of code that became problematic was added in 2014!
Thanks. Yes, 6.6.4 is affected. :(

Adrian Carter

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Observation similar to Michael's post above. I downloaded and installed the new 6.6.5.1 version yesterday, but when I loaded up a VASL file that my gaming buddy had created with 6.6.5.1 I received the following message:

This save was created with Module version '6.6.5.1' but you are running '6.6.5-beta3

I did not knowingly install 6.6.5-beta3 as far as I know. Everything seems to be working ok.

Adrian Carter

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The DZ:SME maps which were available albeit briefly before all this fuss, will not be available again until tomorrow. They were not part of the problem but I took them down while searching for the problem. Will repost them tomorrow AM.

If you already downloaded them, you will still have access.
Many thanks 🙏 to you, Doug, and everyone else involved for posting the maps. The new VASL Saint-Mère-Église maps look fabulous 👍

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I downloaded 6.6.5.1 this morning, and indeed the new DZ:SME maps were listed (and now on my computer). Great stuff as always.