Board 42 Solution

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Brian Youse:

Board 42 Solution

Ok, folks. Perry and I have gotten together and discussed this situation.

While shipping board 42 (fixed) with the next few preorders, beginning with TTT, was certainly a workable and easy solution for us, it has proven to be less than well received by those who had AP3 but did not preorder TTT. So we went back to the drawing board.

This is what we've come up with...

If you have a board 42 (released with Action Pack #3) with the incorrect wall placement on hexside W5/X5, you can get a new map shipped to you if you send us your bad map. Physically send it to us in the mail. We will not be able to accept a scan for this swap. If you wish to save the cost of shipping a full map, you can send us just a piece of the map - so long as it includes the board number. You do not need to send anything else.

Once we receive this map (or piece of map) we will send you a brand spanking new board 42 with the wall in the correct place.

If you do not wish to spend the cost of shipping the map/piece-of map to us, we still have the patch/overlay to repair the problem available for free download. You can get that overlay here:

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/downloads/bd-42-fixoverlay.pdf

Please note we will not be including board 42 in future preorders!

This is probably what we should have done from the beginning, but we made the (since proven to be incorrect) assumption that most people who preordered AP3 would also have preordered other items next up in our production queue.

Hopefully this is the least offensive yet moderately cost-effective solution to resolving this problem.

AceWasabi

Reaction score
Chas, I haven't yet purchased AP3 yet but it's on my list. Will copies of AP3 purchased directly from MMP from now on have the new board 42 included with them?

sunoftzu

Reaction score
Country
llTaiwan
Hi Guys,

Thanks for letting me know.....expect to receive a bd 42 from Taiwan some time......

John Knowles

Phil G

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Chas,

I have purchased AP3.

Also, I have purchased Action packs 4 and 5. Am I supposed to have received the board?

Phil

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At this point you will only receive the replacement if you follow the instructions in my first post.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Chas

That is great, but all I can say to all those with a corrected map via other means please don't send the incorrect one to MMP for yet another copy, this will be costing MMP good money and to be fair going for a 2nd is just a crap attitude

Well done MMP big smiles from Merry Old England

Barryrk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have all 3 versions- correct mounted, incorrect SK, Correct SK why would anyone need more? Anyway good fix by MMP.Tho I was glad to get my fix with TtT as it was unexpected. Again, good job by the folks at MMP

Rindis

Wargamer
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I panicked when I found out it went out with TTT, and there was no word about it going out with any other product....

But I think this is closer to the solution I would have suggested in the first place (if anyone cared to ask someone with no involvement in MMP...). I'll ship in my misprinted board soon.

The only concern I have is if there's anything that can be done to lighten the shipping cost load for overseas customers? (I suppose the 'part of the board' bit could do it.)

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, I panicked when I found out it went out with TTT, and there was no word about it going out with any other product....

But I think this is closer to the solution I would have suggested in the first place (if anyone cared to ask someone with no involvement in MMP...). I'll ship in my misprinted board soon.

The only concern I have is if there's anything that can be done to lighten the shipping cost load for overseas customers? (I suppose the 'part of the board' bit could do it.)
I'm from the UK and expect the cost to myself to be minimal, either full or part board, how ever the cost to MMP to ship these boards to overseas can not be over stated, hence my plea to cut back on the greed monster

Ian

SgtShellback

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think this is a great solution. (I, being a noob, did not get TTT. Yet. :laugh:)

I lurk around the board and I'm finding that MMP are doing their best to keep the product flowing and keep everyone happy at the same time. Not an easy job.

One question, though--is this the address we should send to?

Multi-Man Publishing, Inc.
403 Headquarters Drive, Suite 7
Millersville, MD 21108

Thanks!

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems like a more than fair solution to me.

Rich

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chas, I haven't yet purchased AP3 yet but it's on my list. Will copies of AP3 purchased directly from MMP from now on have the new board 42 included with them?
Yes, all AP3s ordered direct from MMP will come with a corrected board 42.

jpellam

Kamikaze Landing Gear
Reaction score
Hi Chas

That is great, but all I can say to all those with a corrected map via other means please don't send the incorrect one to MMP for yet another copy, this will be costing MMP good money and to be fair going for a 2nd is just a crap attitude

Well done MMP big smiles from Merry Old England
No need to worry about me sending in the bad SK bd 42 as I plan on playing on the darn thing.:laugh:

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is probably what we should have done from the beginning, but we made the (since proven to be incorrect) assumption that most people who preordered AP3 would also have preordered other items next up in our production queue.
Due props to MMP to come up with a Board 42 replacement solution that targets the AP3 audience who deserve the replacement board, but that really was a naive and arrogant assumption.

Why would anyone reasonably assume most AP3 buyers would just go out and pre-order other upcoming MMP ASL stuff when P# items from 2006 and 2007 have been sitting in limbo for over a year with other ASL products jumping the release queue (i.e. faith in the P# system has been fairly deemed compromised)? Just because it has an ASL logo on the product?

And what about AP3 buyers who use their FLGS and don't preorder at all through MMP?

asler

Reaction score
Why would anyone reasonably assume most AP3 buyers would just go out and pre-order other upcoming MMP ASL stuff when P# items from 2006 and 2007 have been sitting in limbo for over a year with other ASL products jumping the release queue (i.e. faith in the P# system has been fairly deemed compromised)? Just because it has an ASL logo on the product?
This is a pretty niche hobby. For MMP to run a business founded (originally) on ASL you would have to have a consumer population that essentially automatically purchases the next item in the system - otherwise there wouldn't be any reason to continue to produce new items.

I think it is a very reasonable (and realistic) assumption that this will/would happen. I know that most of the guys I play with regularly do just that.

I don't think it is either naive or arrogant. Naive would be doing this with no evidence that people would continue to buy the next product (clearly not true - we buy ASL stuff as often as we can). Arrogant implies a disrespect towards the consumer. I think they are far from arrogant as simply coming up with this board 42 solution is just the opposite of disrespect!.

Chris

Last edited: