Board 3I1 entry cost from offboard...

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
My comment is specific to 3I1. They gave clear room around the building for bypass.
Yes, I got that, but I don't recall there was any problem with 3I1 on the old boards. :)

...or maybe you were referring to something else, that flew over my head.... :):)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yes, I got that, but I don't recall there was any problem with 3I1 on the old boards. :)
Well, for sure 3I1 looks way different on the old mounted maps than on the new SK ones: The buliding depiction is turned by 45°.

And this does affect scenarios such as G6 (nowadays ASL195) where 3I1 is specified as an (almost exclusive) entry hex:
On the mounted board, the M36 TD can bypass without a Bog check, on the SK versions of the hex, it cannot bypass one hexside at all and bypassing the other requires a Bog Check as JR has pointed out.

Of course, this changes the attractiveness of 3I1 as an entry hex for the M36 significantly. The defending player will note that, too, and adjust his defence accordingly. This, in turn, might change the overall scenario balance.

von Marwitz