BO Tournament Signups UPDATE JUNE 11th!

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi guys.

In light of whats happening in the KOTS tourney with the AvB, BvC, CvA games, i'm going to have to regretfully withdrawal. :cry:

Hope you all have a great time anyways :)

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tripps said:
Hi guys.

In light of whats happening in the KOTS tourney with the AvB, BvC, CvA games, i'm going to have to regretfully withdrawal. :cry:

As I also replied under the "vets" post:

Just some notes on the 3MIF BO Tournament.

I decided to create this tourney for players of BO so they can have quality competition & fun PLAYING against others who still enjoy the "old timer" (BO). With just the added kick of someone being declared the overall winner. I did not want this to be a cutthroat tournament (single elimination, - those will come later!).

Thus the "rule" that everyone advances to every round. To me there is not much member "playing" when you have 1/2 the entrants eliminated per round. Especially when each tournament can last close to 2 years.

The winner in 3MIF will be the player who plays the best 10 games (5 rds x 2 games per) not necessarily the one who wins every game (although that is a big help!). That is another reason not to drop-out if you are having a bad game.

Also- the new WHQ decision that players who dropout of a tournament (without just cause- reviewed on a case per case basis) are banned from the next tournament should help in keeping games honest & everyone moving forward.

"3 PODS"
I see "3 pods" having "advantages,"- most players will actually be involved playing longer per round and the players should end more or less at the same time. In head to head the quick players finish in 1-2 weeks and then get frustrated waiting 2 months for everyone else to finish. And true, having to play with a slow player can be equally frustrating- been there done that. But at least the tournament as a whole will move along together.

Also being able to quickly & accurately detect a slow or "reluctant" player is a big bonus in deciding who moves forward in normal 3 pod tournaments (N/A for 3MIF).

On the idea of having "play-in games" for an odd number of entrants. This will not work in my opinion, not unless you want to delay the real start of a tournament by a month at least. Which will tick off the other dozens of players who will then have to wait even longer to get playing

The best solution is keeping the entrants at 8-16-32 etc, or 12-15-18 for "3-pods."

Tripps

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Oh OK then, but try not to be to upset when I come out on top :rifle: :nofear: :ar15:

3 months in France? Bring it on you guys, you'll spend longer there when I bury you in your graves :devil: :devil:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The following players are currently enlisted to slug it out in France: (listed in no order, just numbered.)

Note we have "18" for 6 - 3 pods.
Sign-ups continue through the 15th: as long as we have groups of 3 we're looking good.

1 Boff
2 Bruce
3 NiG
4 Bazooka Bill
5 Mephisto
6 Donstone
7 Caublbil
8 Gonzo
9 GunnerC
10 Gary Owen
11 airBiscuit
12 Mompariglia
13 Arakis
14 Berkut37
15 Tripps
16 Ondrej Svoboda
17 Cougar_DK
18 Sunderj

Last edited:

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Count me in - its been a long time since I played CMBO.

I hoped I did it right on the front page updating my profile.

Last edited:

Sunderj

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Please count me in... 3 months in France sounds like a nice holiday :)

My ladder id is FightThemOnTheBeaches... too long for the message board :-(

Aston008

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
BO Tournament

Hello Kerry,

I would like to play in this tournament, please count me in.

Give me some news and lets go. :cool:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Gilles,

The only news is not good: as the odd soldier out, #20, you will have to go into "Reserve Status." We need one more player to signup to complete the 3 player pod for you to compete.

If a player does not join by tommorrow evening your only option will be to join a pod later as a replacement if someone cannot complete the tournament.

As it stands I will begin the random assignments tommorrow night for 6 - 3 player pods.

I will also be sending an email to all players for a confirmation of email addresses and with a list of their pod opponents.

IF anyone knows a BO player sitting on the fence see if you can get him enlisted!

Note we have "18" for 6 - 3 pods.
Sign-ups continue through the 15th: as long as we have groups of 3 we're looking good.

1 Boff
2 Bruce
3 NiG
4 Bazooka Bill
5 Mephisto
6 Donstone
7 Caublbil
8 Gonzo
9 GunnerC
10 Gary Owen
11 airBiscuit
12 Mompariglia
13 Arakis
14 Berkut37
15 Tripps
16 Ondrej Svoboda
17 Cougar_DK
18 Sunderj
19 herroberst
20 Aston008

Last edited:

Bogdan

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi,

I see that a 21st player is needed...

I know that my status of designer may be interpreted as "gamey" or unfair". So I can play the 21st for free, I mean just for the fun, not the ladder points ?

However, as soon as someone would sign up, I will gladly decline my proposition and give the place for this player.

Bogdan :cheeky:

Hey, do anyone here have a brother to make sign up for the 3MIF ? :p

Last edited:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ummm... probably not.

If this was simply a win/loss tourney them maybe playing against the "best" opponent signed up would work. However in a "Winner by Points" tourney prior knowledge of the scenario might deny an opponent of valuable points needed to win.

Even playing just for fun would skew the results as a "player-with-nothing-to-play-for" may take unnessesary risks or try strange tactics which might tip the point value in the wrong direction.

The Tournament will be planned for 6 pods, should a 21st player appear BEFORE I get this tourney off the ground I will add a 7th pod.

As it stands herroberst & Aston008 are the #1 & #2 players in reserve status who will step in if a player MUST discontinue playing.

Please note: A replacement player will only step into a game if it is VERY early in a game & one can be restarted.
However if a player is missing for a new round then a replacment player will be selected to fillout a pod.

Bogdan

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Palantir said:
Ummm... probably not.

If this was simply a win/loss tourney them maybe playing against the "best" opponent signed up would work. However in a "Winner by Points" tourney prior knowledge of the scenario might deny an opponent of valuable points needed to win.

Even playing just for fun would skew the results as a "player-with-nothing-to-play-for" may take unnessesary risks or try strange tactics which might tip the point value in the wrong direction.
I agree. Let's hope someone else could join the last pod very soon :) .

Sunderj

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Nice of you to offer Bogdan... Personally have no problem with him playing... it would get 2 extra players in the tourney & we are all here for fun aren't we :) With 5 rounds he will play against 10 opponents, & hey some players might get drawn against ladder leaders every round... just the luck of the draw.

I am happy to go with whatever the organisers decide... lets hope we find another player.

BTW how many Bazooka Bills do we have :)?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heck no your mom can't signup. :crosseye:

It just so happens I've played against her before. :surprise:

And I'd have to rate her as an "ELITE +++" player. This tourney is for normal CM players, not a ringer. ;)

Why, if she was allowed to play not even NiG would have a chance at beating her!!! :whlchr:

She's a killer on the battlefield, goes mercilessly for the throat and takes no prisoners!! :freak:

Sorry but she's too good for this crowd! :laugh: