BMG Fires in its own hex, D8.5

Schrapnellls

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi,

Since the Journal 7 errata, a BMG couldn't fire in its own hex anymore.
But D8.5 stating a special occurrence:
A bogged/Immobilized Vehicle could fire BMG at target entering his hex by his front VCA.

It seems weird that an Immo AFV could have more firing possibilities than a "mobile" one.

I checked the errata list (from my pocket RB), and Perry Sez Q&A. None have any mention of this case.

So my question is:
-Does a "mobile" AFV has BMG fire possibilities against any target entering in his front VCA?
It seems not
-If not, does An Immo/Bogged one has it?
It seems yes!

Am I right? (But it seems weird to me, but ASL is often weird!)

Schrap

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A bow-mounted weapon on a vehicle may fire at its own VCA per D1.81. A VCA is a CA [D2.11], which takes us to C3.2. The C3.2 EX says that the hex from which the CA is traced is also in the CA. Thus the VCA of a vehicle includes its own hex, and a *mobile* vehicle may fire bow-mounted weapons into its own hex freely (EXC: it must change CA to include the hexside entered for DFF attacks). An *immobile* vehicle may not fire bow-mounted into its own hex except for DFF against a unit entering through one of the VCA hexsides.

JR

Schrapnellls

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks for the Tip!
It's look more logical to me.

Another question, just to check if my errata's understanding is correct: Barring this case, a AFV couldn't use his BMG in his own hex (i.e. during PFPh or DFPh)?

Schrap

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Another question, just to check if my errata's understanding is correct: Barring this case, a AFV couldn't use his BMG in his own hex (i.e. during PFPh or DFPh)?
Before the errata a BMG could be used within the vehicle's own hex during the PFPh/DFPh/AFPh - as it can now, assuming the vehicle is not Immobile.

Schrapnellls

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks, I'm create a link with this topic to the french forum
Many player assume the lost of BMG in-hex capacity till the errata

Thx

Schrap

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I kind of got the impression the errata was created to combat AFV using their BMG while in bypass.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I kind of got the impression the errata was created to combat AFV using their BMG while in bypass.
I think that is exactly why the errata was introduced - IIRC, there is at least one unofficial Q&A to the effect.